Chapter 58: Red Plaid Scarf

This is the last update that I'm going to write for a while because I need to focus on my finals. But after December 13, I'll start writing again.

In all honesty, I don't know what I feel about this chapter. At one point, I think I mess up on writing the POVs and let me know if I did.

One more thing, the next couple of chapters will be all about Christmas.

So have fun reading this and I really appreciate the votes and comments.

* * * * *

Niall's POV

It's been a couple of weeks since me and Zayn started this lie, pretending that we were through but in reality we're not. It was actually my idea. He immediately shot it down at first but once after I explained it to him that once they think that nothing was between us anymore, they'll leave us alone most especially Simon. He's our boss in the first place and I don't want to get fired but at the same time I don't plan on sacrificing my heart.

So for the meantime we were pretending that we hated each other in front of the lads and in front of the management because we both assume that Simon told what happened. But when we were performing or in public, we act like nothing happen. We were whispering to another, along with touching one another and giggling, which is weird because we were doing the opposite of laying low. I just hope that the lads didn't catch up on that.

"Hey you alright there, Nialler?" Liam snapped my thoughts away. I was at the balcony of our One Direction mansion back in London, sipping my hot cocoa.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"So what are you gonna do now?" He asked innocently. I'm not sure if he's being a subtle on me.

"What do you mean?" I asked, moving my head sideways to see his face, looking straight at me.

"It's almost Christmas."

"Yeah so?" It came in a sassy manner, which was unintentional in my part. Liam flinched at one point.

"Do you still hate me?" He sighed. I could sense the desperation on his voice. Truly, I felt sorry for the guy but it's too risky for me to tell him the truth. Every once in a while, either Zayn or me would sneak in on each other's room at night but before the lads could wake up we would go to each other's room separately. And no, we didn't seal the deal yet because it doesn't feel right at the moment.

"No, Liam, I don't hate you," I chuckled. "You need to get over yourself."

Liam smiled, running his hand on my back. I turn around, placing a warm, big hug and pecking him an innocent kiss on his cheeks but a shock came over me when I saw Zayn standing couple of feet away from us, completely surprised to see me hugging Liam.

"I'm sorry," I mouthed silently at Zayn, smiling apologetically because I knew exactly what he was thinking and I'm reassuring that nothing's going to change between us.

"Okay, I get it," Liam stiffened up when he felt that I'm putting much force into the hug due to the sudden appearance of my boyfriend. "You're crushing my ribs," he chuckled.

"Sorry," I pulled away, chuckling along with him. At the same time, I was subtlety looking in my peripheral vision if Zayn was standing there.

* * * * *

"So come on, dig in," Harry grinned, staring confidently on the feast he prepared on the entire day. There was a big, glazed chicken. The brown shade of it and how it sparkled meant that it was cooked properly. There were also mashed potatoes, sausages, bacons, and many more lined up. It was a heavenly feast if someone would ask me on how would I describe it.