Chapter 56: Dissolution

Here's a new, short update. I hope you still guys will still like it. I'm still going to work on the Halloween One Shot. So, enjoy reading and I really appreciate all the votes and comments that you share :]

* * * * *

Niall's POV

I don't know what happen but I was urgently summoned to a private room in the hotel. At first, I was scared to death because it felt like something horrible happen most especially on how I left with Zayn earlier. Could it be that it was related to do that? I hope he didn't do anything stupid...

"Paul, can you at least tell me what this is all about?" I looked at Paul who was walking beside me. He had a disturbing look on his face as if he was having constipation.

"Sorry, Niall. I can't tell you..." He answered in a gloomy manner, which I find it very weird. He wasn't usually like this unless he had to deal with something so unpleasant.

Paul suddenly stopped from his tracks, making me stop too.

"Hey, why'd you stop suddenly?!" I complained. He turned around, looking at me intently.

"Just remember Niall that these things happen for a reason."

"What are you talking about?" I chuckled, assuming he was just messing with my head.

"Stay strong, okay?" He placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Okay," I shrugged it off as I rolled out my eyes to ignore the nagging feeling twirling around in my gut.

Paul slowly turned the doorknob to let me in. I was completely surprised to see Simon inside and the lads facing their back on me.

"Hey, Simon, what are you---" I started joking around but instantly I noticed that the atmosphere around the room was extremely tense that it could pierced someone's skin, exposing someone else's flesh. "What's going on?"

"Liam, Zayn, turned around," Simon commanded.

When both Liam and Zayn turned around, it felt like someone jabbed me repeatedly in the gut as I saw both of their faces smashed completely. Zayn's face was completely messed up. Broken lips and nose and purplish swelling on his cheeks were seen on his face. Meanwhile, Liam's was slightly damaged compared to Zayn but there were deep wounds on his face and to his arms.

"Oh. My. God..." was all the only words escaped from my mouth, covering it with my hands as the shock hit me pretty hard.

Seeing Zayn in this condition broke my heart literally. How could someone do this to him? Without a warning, I sprinted towards him. He whimpered in pain as soon as my hand touched his smashed face.

"What happened?"

"That's what I'd like to know," Simon spoke with his authoritative voice, startling me. I looked at him and I could tell that I would be punished severely for something I didn't do.

"Me?" I asked confusedly as I pointed a finger to myself. "I didn't do anything."

Zayn quickly turned around, facing Simon and said," He has nothing to do with this!"

"I believe that you, Niall," Simon glared at me, giving me the creeps instantly. "Is the primary reason of this chaos."

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked but somehow I had a vague idea on how it happened. I don't know, I guess I'm afraid to admit to myself. Lately, Liam and Zayn are on each other's throat so when I told Liam that I chose Zayn, and Liam didn't take that news lightly and decided to take it with his own hands. I already told Zayn that he shouldn't pick a fight with Liam because he was hurting. I could empathize on what Liam was going through and it broke my heart to lose him in the process. It's just my love for Zayn was far greater than my friendship with Liam.

"I was displeased when I received a call from Liam earlier telling me that you two, Zayn and Niall, are in a relationship."

Right there and then, it felt I had an out-of-body experience as those words reverberated through my existence added to the effect of being slapped by a million times simultaneously.

"Oh my God!" Harry and Louis spoke in unison as I saw a horrified expression on their faces, letting me know that they had nothing to do with Liam's betrayal.

When I looked at Zayn, he had an unreadable expression on his face. I couldn't tell exactly what he was thinking. We both agree before that it's not yet the right time to tell the world of our relationship. Heck, I haven't told my family yet. I want them to know first. And now, Liam blurted it out to our boss of the special connection I had with Zayn. Liam is the epitome of all good things in this world but never in a million years that I would expect him to do this, especially with me.

Zayn erupted, landing a punch on Liam's face. Liam completely lost his balance, slamming his back to the wall.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH!?" Zayn shook his hand due to the strong impact against Liam's face.

"Zayn! Stop this madness!" Simon commanded and instantly the bodyguards in the room restrained him from moving.

"LET GO OF ME!" Zayn wiggled his entire body relentlessly, trying to escape from the restrain he was under. The rage exploded from him was like a storm that doesn't want to stop. I knew that Zayn had a reserved personality but who knew that he could unleash this massive amount of pent-up energy. "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?!" He screeched out his lungs out, stretching his arms out in the air as he forcefully extend his long legs to kick Liam against the wall. The bodyguards applied more force on the restrain they have on Zayn as they pull him away from slightly beaten up Liam. I should feel sorry for him but I don't after what he did to me.

"So it is true then?" Simon confirmed the rumor based on what he saw for the past minute or so. He had this incomprehensible gesture on his face that was too hard to figure out what was he thinking.

"Yes..." I bowed down; my voice sounded hoarse, feeling completely defeated not because our boss found out but because of the stinging betrayal of one of my best friends. "Me and Zayn are in a relationship."

"Terminate this right away."

As those words left Simon's mouth, it felt like my world completely stopped from moving as the shock dominated my entire being.