Chapter 4: The Liar

A new update. I know I'm supposed to post this tomorrow but couldn't help myself lol. This update is a little bit short.

------------------------------

A growling stomach is a good indication for Niall to wake up and feed it up like it's the most natural thing to do. He really can't ignore when his stomach is calling out to him. Suddenly, a sweet memory flashed before his very eyes, the memory of him and Zayn's lip action.

That's right; Zayn kissed him out of the blue. It's a surprise, even for Niall, for Zayn to do something like that. He was thinking that the lads are pulling a mean joke or a prank on him, most especially the revelation he revealed weeks ago. He assumes that Louis is behind this, since he's the prankster of the group. Even if it was a joke, Niall still couldn't believe that Zayn did what he did, considering he's not exactly a spontaneous guy to begin with it. As far as he knows, Zayn is straight. He dated gorgeous and sophisticated women in the past so Niall is convinced that the Bradford lad is not gay.

The blonde put a gray cardigan with white cotton shirt and denim pants. He grabs the red New York cap, sitting on his table, and puts it on top of his head, concealing his messy hair. As he's about to turn the doorknob, curiosity got into him when he heard familiar chattering voices so he took a quick peek. He's beyond astonished to see half-naked Harry talking to Mr. Perfect Zayn in the hallway. Seeing Zayn made his heart skips a beat, turning his pale, white cheeks into pink in a matter of seconds. He grazes his finger touch his bottom lip where Zayn's lip touched it last night. His head is simulating delusional thoughts but his heart says that it could be real and not to give up.

Niall decides to step outside, walking towards them. He gathers all the courage he could have and says, "Zayn?"

Irregular heartbeat is what Zayn felt as soon he heard that soothing, familiar Irish accent behind him. He slowly turns around, his breath hitched, studying his profile. The flawless skin, sparkly blue eyes that puts him in a trance. There are no words to describe the perfection of Niall.

"I think I have to go now," Harry trying to exit the scene but Zayn held him for dear life. Panic is literally seen on his face. He doesn't know what to do now that he's in face to face to the boy, whom he stole a kiss from.

"Don't you dare leave me here!" Zayn whispers angrily, threatening him. Harry pretends he didn't hear anything and he walks away, leaving Zayn and Niall alone in the hallway.

Golden hazel eyes met with blue eyes. The tension is palpable, neither one is moving, holding their breath altogether but Niall decides to break the icy cold tension between.

"Zayn?"

"Yeah?" Zayn felt his heartbeat pumping strongly against his chest. He feels the cold sweat is coming out of his pores.

"About..." Niall pauses, looking for the right words to say. "Last night," he diverts his gaze away from the Bradford lad. Zayn knew at that moment that this would end badly. He slowly closes his eyes, hoping he could stop time.

Rip it off like a band-aid, fast and painful...

"What's that all about?"

With the hypnotizing blue eyes of the Irish lad, Zayn couldn't think straight but he has to say something for stealing that kiss.

"I..." Zayn studies Niall's body language, calculating what to do next. He decides to just lie than for Niall to find the truth because he knew that the Irish lad wouldn't look at him like that.

Not in this lifetime.

"I like Liam! I'm just using you as a practice so I could give him the perfect kiss!"