Chapter 64: Visiting Nana

Hello again, readers. First of all, I just want to apologize for the three-month delay. I wasn't really in the writing mood over the summer. But now that the class has started, I feel like I'm getting my writing spirits getting into place. This is a small update but still an update. It's better to have something than nothing, right? Enjoy and have fun reading.

* * * * *

A loud siren noise blasted in the room, jolting both British lads from their sleep. They felt their ears ringing; their heads barely attached to their body as the massive headache pounding on their head.

"Wake up, you bozos!"

Liam slowly opened his eyes, wondering what just happened. Meanwhile, Zayn was jamming his finger to his ear, shaking the buzzing inside of it.

"What's goin' on?" Liam asked in a groggily tone as he wiped the back of his hand against his eyelids. Blurry, shadowy visions were all that he could see but nothing was making sense.

"The fuck is that!" Zayn growled. He squinted his eyes so hard, trying to locate if hell rises over by the way that blasting noise almost exploded his eardrums.

"Good morning to you too, Sweetcheeks," Greg puckered his lips, teasing the newly awoken, irritated lads. On his hand was the siren button that his father owned. Bobby used it often of times to wake up his hard-to-wake-up-children.

"What time is it?" Liam asked, masking the annoyance in his tone. Somehow, his breathing gradually returned to normal.

"It's seven in the morning."

"In that case, I'm going back to sleep," Zayn responded as he buried himself in a warm comforter in a fetal position. He wasn't really a morning person, no argument there.

"You can't. Everybody's going to Nana's."

"Who's Nana?" Liam inquired. He slowly stretched his arms upward, producing a crackling sound of bones in the process.

"Our grandmother."

(A/N: Let's just assume they haven't met Niall's grandmother.)

A smile slid across Liam's feature but Zayn instantly knew that Liam has something on his sleeve and he won't allow it to happen.

* * * * *

Everyone was at the desk. Bobby sat across against Greg. There's an available seat next to Niall. The blonde was waving sweetly at his boyfriend to sit next to him. And Liam sat across the sweet couple that almost put a bad taste in his mouth.

There was a bunch of delectable food in front of them. It ranged from fried eggs, bacon, toast, soup and many more. The cerulean orbs of Niall sparkled as the soothing aroma of breakfast traveled in his nostrils, making his stomach growled.

Pairs of eyes traveled where the sound came from and it landed on Niall. The blonde blushed crimson.

"What?" He whispered. "I'm hungry."

"Nothing," Liam answered. He diverted his gaze away from the snappy little blonde. He knew better not to mess with Niall when it comes to food.

Both British lads watched and amazed how the Horans eat their food. Niall swiftly moved his hand towards the pastry section of the table while his other hand was swirling the spoon on the soup. Meanwhile, both Greg and Bobby were busying themselves spreading a peanut butter & jelly against a slightly toasted bread. They are eating in silence and quick.

Liam had this astonished expression on his face. It still amazed him how Niall could eat so fast and now there were three of them doing the exact same thing. It was so overwhelming in a good sense.

Zayn also had the similar expression but seeing his boyfriend doing what he loves made him feel elated. Whatever Niall does was precious to him; it could be anything from his cute, adorable snoring to his Supra collection.

Niall was engaged with the food in front of him, chewing it but then he realized that the British lads were just gawking at them. He slowly put down his food, and then swallowed it down to his esophagus.

"Not hungry?" He asked, focusing his attention to his boyfriend beside him.

Zayn shook his head. "I do. I just love how you eat."

Niall blushed and said, "Oh thank you." He tangled his fingers altogether; his nervousness was making a comeback.

"Kiss ass," Liam coughed.

Zayn snapped his head up, squinted his eyes, sending a deathly glare towards his band mate. Anger spread through within. He clenched his fists together on his side but the rage vibrating inside of him subsided as soon as he felt Niall's thumb grazing against his knuckles that was turning almost white. He looked sideways but the way his boyfriend's cerulean orbs looked into his soul take all the negative energy within and threw it out. His breathing returned to normal. He thought that picking up a fight in front of his boyfriend's family was not going to make them love him considering his father hated his guts already.

* * * * *

"Nana!" Niall squealed as he rushed towards his grandmother, who was in her seventies. She was wearing a thick scarf wrapped around her neck with Christmas themed clothing. The thick brown reading glasses were sliding down on the bridge of her nose. The chubby cheeks of hers were reddened somehow because of the intense cold roaming around in the small cabin of hers; even the fireplace was not enough to warm the entire cabin.

"How's my favorite grandson?" Nana reciprocated the big, warm hug of her grandson, with a smile on her slightly wrinkled face.

Niall was about to answer to her Nana when Greg interrupted with a scowl.

"Nana, I thought I was your favorite grandson," he pouted in a humorous way.

"No way, I'm Nana's favorite," Niall stuck his tongue out to tease his older brother.

"Bite me," Greg responded with sarcasm in his tone.

Nana hugged Greg as well after she hugged Niall but she was surprised to see guests standing on her doorway. She definitely knew them since Niall was gushing about them every time they talked on the phone—from the time he auditioned and was put into the band and over the years of traveling them. She felt like she knew them from the get-go. She was also in the know of her grandson's feelings towards the British lads. Growing up, she had a feeling about her grandson but she didn't voice it out because she doesn't want Niall to push her away and gladly he told her months ago about his sexuality.

"You brought guests?"

"Well, they came yesterday. It was totally a surprise," Niall answered as he waved the British lads to get in.

"Yeah, I bet," Greg scoffed, rolling his eyes out.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Niall asked, crossing his arms over his chest. He couldn't understand why his brother likes to demonize the British lads. If he knew that both Liam and Zayn were good lads then he wouldn't say those horrible things.

"Oh nothing," Greg grinned. "I was just happy that Zayn brought booze."

"You're welcome," Zayn nodded with a smile on his face. He was elated that Niall's brother was on his side, at least that's what he thought but it doesn't matter anyway. What's important to him was Niall's welfare but it would help if his family would accept him considering what he just found out last night before he went to sleep.

At the same time, Liam tried his best not to show any signs of negative expressions to show up on his face. He better knew not to agitate Zayn in front of Niall because of what the blonde has told him yesterday. But still it doesn't sit right with him that Zayn was showing off in front of Niall's family; it should've been him.

"I'm sure he wants to distract us enough," Greg stated.

"Distract us?" Niall asked confusedly. "From what?"

Greg face towards his Nana and said...

"He just wants to get lucky with Niall."