Chapter 19: Twenty Hours Earlier

Niall's POV

That nightmare made me jumped from my bed. My heart was pounding crazy against my chest. I can feel my hands shaking tremendously. I was gasping for air. What the hell was that?

Just a nightmare, that's all it was. I know Greg wouldn't say something like that to me. I know my brother. We may get into petty arguments but we love each other and we would never utter those hurtful words.

There is only one way to find out this doubtful feeling residing inside of me. I will go home and spend some time with them before I leave again for the tour for two months. I walked towards to my closet and start shoving all of my clothes to my luggage. It took me for about forty minutes to fix all of my stuff.

It's almost midnight so I tried calling the airport if I could get a direct flight to Mullingar. Unfortunately, the only seat available is from Dublin.

"I'll take that seat on Dublin." I said calmly on the operator on the other line. So, I guess I'll be driving from Dublin to Mullingar. I've never done that before. I hope I won't get lost. Niall, stop second-guessing yourself! It's time to stand up for yourself. You can't rely on others all the time. One person suddenly popped into my mind, Liam. I can't depend on him every time most especially he's almost about to end up with Zayn. He would be  Liam's main priority.

Then I hang up the phone. Next, call for a taxi. Good thing, there's still available at this hour.

"Can you drive me to London Heathrow Airport?" I stated as I was putting a purple Jack Wills hoodie. Then, I told him the address of our home.

"I'll be there in about twenty minutes," the taxi driver said on the other line. I just nodded. "Okay."

I slowly dragged my luggage out in the hallway, not creating an abrupt noise. I don't want to startle the lads. I just want to be alone for a moment, I'll tell them later why. As I was getting closer to Liam's room, I heard giggling sounds.

"Stop tickling me, Liam," Zayn's British accent is literally banging the door. His laughter is contagious that I can't help but to giggle along with him.

"Well, if you stop moving then I will." Liam's commanding voice trailed him. Somewhere, deep inside my heart, I felt a sharp pain. I guess this is start of their relationship. My mind keeps telling me that I should be happy for them but my heart disagrees.

As I stepped down on the stairs, I could still Zayn's laughter. I turned around and look at Liam's white door with a Woody, the cowboy character on Toy Story, figure hanging in the middle of the door. "Goodbye for now." Then, I felt tears rolled through my face. I sprinted out of the living room and out of the main door. Saying goodbye is one of the hardest things I've done in my life. It has the similar feeling of ripping your chest open and exposed it to the world.

After a couple of hours, I was able to land my two feet on Ireland. I breathe in deeply the chilly wind while I stretched both of my arms. "I'm back."

I pulled forward the hoodie on my head. I don't want anyone to notice me. It will definitely cause frenzy, which is the last thing I want at this moment. I just want some private time with my family. I just hope it's not too much to ask for that one single thing.

"What's next? Train or Taxi?" I mumbled to myself. Train would be much cheaper but too many people on train. However, taxi is more expensive but very private. I definitely need to lay low on public places such as this.

"So, taxi, it is."

I looked for an empty taxi and talked to the driver and negotiate for the price. Once we agreed on the price, I started dragging my super heavy luggage at the back then sit at the passenger seat.