Chapter 6: Foolish Heart

After spending some alone time, Niall realizes that Zayn liking Liam is not the end of the world. He has to endure the pain as long as he can but at the same time he should be happy for them. It's the least he could do as their friend. 

Niall decides to go back to the house but he's in a big surprise to see Zayn, running his fingers against Liam's slightly toned arms. It felt like someone stabbed him with a big knife right in his chest. He thought he's fine with Zayn and Liam together but it turns out, he can't. A green-eyed monster called jealousy is poking its head on Niall's state of mind. 

"Did you have any breakfast yet?" Liam asks, smiling genuinely at the blonde. Seeing Liam smiling made Niall's heart is being squeezed tightly and it's going to explode any second. 

"I'm not hungry," Niall answers, his voice is cold and gloomy. 

"Not hungry? That's impossible. You're always hungry," Liam chuckles. 

Hearing a remark like that, Niall felt he was offended by some odd reason. He felt his ears burning up, spreading a shade of red in his cheeks. His fists are forming on the side. 

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Niall abruptly turn around, raising his voice, making the lads really uncomfortable. "Are you insinuating that I eat like a pig?"

Both Harry and Louis becomes concerned. Zayn looks away instantly. Meanwhile, Liam has this horrified expression on his face. 

The Wolverhampton lad couldn't believe his ears as well as his eyes. It felt like he was in some kind of a nightmare as Niall's roaring voice echoes in the entire dining room. The words coming out from Niall's mouth is totally rubbish. Never once in the two years, thinking that Niall eats like a pig. Liam believes that the Irish lad has a healthy appetite, nothing more, nothing less. He will always be an angel in Liam's eyes.

"What do you mean?" Liam asks, fighting the glare that Niall is throwing back at him.

"Never mind," the blonde scoffs, turns around and heads to his room. The rest of the lads followed him but when they got to his door, they couldn't open it because Niall locked it. 

"What's the matter, Nialler?" Harry bangs the door forcefully, hoping that Niall would plead his call. 

"You can talk to us!" Louis shouts.

"I wanna be alone! Go away!" Niall yells, pain is evident in his voice. 

The lads just exchanges glances to one another, completely confused on why their leprechaun is acting so violent. But for Liam, he's going to investigate on the sudden character change of the Irish boy that he adores so much.

"Just get ready by this afternoon. We have rehearsals," he raised his voice louder than usual, letting Niall know on not abandoning his responsibility. He shoo away the remaining lads who were crowding Niall's door.

"He needs space, let's just give it to him." 

Zayn felt completely mortified on the events that unfold. It's not his intentions to end that way. If he thought that this would end this way, he should've told him the truth.

Meanwhile inside his room, Niall is staring blankly at his window for a long time that he didn't notice the lad's voices faded on the other side of the room. He internalizes and didn't recognize this part of himself, the bitter, angry side of him. He needs to do something before he could hurt anyone including himself. The only way he knows how is to accept that there are some things in this life that he has no control over. He must find a way to accept it no matter how hard to deal with it and move on. It's not the end of the world if things don't go according to his plan. Niall is so optimistic that there's no problem that he can't overcome.

He got up, walking towards the full body mirror near his closet and says, "You can do this. Believe in yourself, Nialler." He decides to apologize to Liam for being rude earlier. He truly feels horrible for snapping and accusing at him like that. He knows that Liam doesn't think of him that way and has high respects for the lad. 

As he reached his door, Niall suddenly felt the increasing rate of his heartbeat, his hands starts to sweat. He flattens out his shirt to make sure there are no wrinkles visible. He ran his hands to check if there's something on his face. He needs to be presentable in front of Liam.

He knocks three times but there's no response so he let himself in. Once he got inside, he's in for a big surprise, seeing Liam's half-naked torso staring back at him. The perfect-formed abs is truly a delectable sight for the Irish lad. He could help but to drool literally at the perfection that is Liam Payne. He notices that Liam is looking back at him, his eyes sparkles as if smiling back at him.

Unconsciously, Niall licks his bottom lip, biting it in a seductive manner. Seeing Liam without a top on completely turns him on to the point that he feels the hair in his arms standing up with excitement. Hundreds and thousands of erotic images flash before his very eyes and he caught himself smiling.

Once Niall realizes what he's doing, he curses himself. Uh-oh! I'm in trouble. Erase, erase! Temptations, leave me alone. He needs to clear his mind and focus only on his goal. That is to apologize to Liam and hopefully have the power to move on with his life.

Niall slowly closed his eyes but then he heard footsteps closing in on him. When he opened his eyes, he was literally speechless, seeing Liam in front of him with only couple of inches apart from him. Liam grabs Niall on both of his sides.

"Are you okay?" Liam asks softly, his chocolate brown eyes full of worry and Niall couldn't help but to feel so weak under his touch. 

Something that he tries so hard to resist after these years but his heart is too weak to fight. He is literally on the verge of giving in. He tries opening his mouth to find words to say something but his foolish heart holds too much over him and all he can say is...

"Kiss me, Liam..."

---------------------

That's it for now. I think it's okay to fangirl at this point :D

Fan? Vote? Comment? :)