Chapter 55: Payne vs. Malik

The long awaited update has arrived. It's been almost two months since I've posted a new update. This chapter has a lot of drama in it involving the love triangle between Niam and Ziall. I purposely made it this way to recover what I lost for the past few weeks. This fighting scene has been on my plan ever since I started writing this fanfic, so basically ONE YEAR IN THE MAKING haha! I hope you guys will like this even though my writing has not been good. I just want to make a good comeback. Have fun reading and I will appreciate for the votes and comments that you could share. Thank you!

* * * * *

Liam's POV

Determination rushed through in every fiber of my being as I pushed down the end button on Paul's phone. I could almost feel the victory right before my hands, Niall enclosed in my arms. There's nothing I want more than his touch and his love for eternity.

"What have you done, Liam?" Horror was all I could see in Paul as if he witnessed a murder right before his eyes. Honestly, I'm not exactly proud of what I did but I had no choice. I have to break them apart before things get serious between them and I'm not going to let that happen, at least not in this lifetime.

"Chill out, man. I did it because Niall is supposed to be mine not with that tattoo freak!"

"Watch your mouth, Liam!" Paul instantly grabbed my arm that made me startled immediately. "You're being disrespectful to Zayn."

"I am being disrespectful?" I repeated. The anger burned brightly inside of me, and all I could do was to snap back to Paul. "How about stealing Niall away from me?!"

Paul got silent all of a sudden, not knowing what to say next.

"He doesn't know that you like Niall," Paul spoke after a while.

"Oh, he knows," I replied with gritted teeth. "He perfectly knew that I have my eyes on Niall and yet he swooped in like a damn vulture!"

"Liam, listen to me," He gently caressed my arms, looking directly in my eyes. "You could still repent your sins."

"Repent my sins?" I repeated, looking confusedly back at him.

"Zayn will be devastated when he finds out what you did." Paul explained more but I responded it with raising my eyebrow.

"Do you think I care?"

"LIAM!" Paul snapped at me. Anger was the only thing visible beneath his eyes, kind of getting the feeling of wanting to punch me any second.

"You know what, I've had enough of this conversation," I spoke harshly despite of the fear that he might hit me but nonetheless I really don't care what happens next. All I knew was to save Niall from the dreadful relationship he's having right now. I really wanted to be the guy that will save him from the darkness enveloping his heart.

Paul blinked his eyes once, releasing a deep sigh.

"I just hope that this thing that you did will not bite you in the ass later..."

Paul started walking away from me, feeling completely disappointed in me. As for me, I walked around in the hotel, trying to find Louis but instead I found Niall sobbing in front of a door.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked worriedly, caressing his back gently.

"I-I'm n...not..." He was having hard time responding to me due to his sobbing.

"What's wrong?" I slightly pushed his chin up to meet my gaze. My heart almost broke in two as soon as I looked at his crystal blue orbs staring back at me filled with watery beads. I knew at that moment that this had something to do with Zayn.