4.1 | the dark, dank moving cage

When I woke up it didn't feel unnatural, in fact it felt completely normal. That was what terrified me.

I was in a completely foreign place and it didn't feel the least bit foreign. In fact, I was in a foreign cage that was moving upward.

Why? That was the question of the hour.

I crouched, crawling about and trying not to let the movement of the cage teeter me off balance.

Was there any supplies with me?

My eyes adjusted to my dark, dank surroundings and I realized that there was plenty supplies. This included a backpack at my feet, a crate full of kitchen utensils, some clothes, shoes, and paper. Lots and lots of paper.

I opened the backpack. There was a worn out patch of cloth that had a Y/n stitched into in.

It was like a key fit into a lock and I just knew that was my name.

I searched the bag further. Why is there a knife in my bag?! There was also empty notebook, a chain necklace that had a key at the end, and other random every day items.

The cage came to a sudden halt and I quickly zipped the backpack. I slung it over my shoulder, hid behind some crates, and clutched my knife tightly. A light filled the cage, momentarily blinding me.

"Where the shuck is the Greenie?" A masculine voice called out. A loud thunk indicated that he was inside with me.

I jumped out from behind the crate and kicked him to the ground. Many audible gasps were heard from above and I looked up.

"WHERE AM I?" I shouted, holding out the knife even though I was too afraid to use it.

No one bothered to answer my question.

"It's a- it's a girl!"

"Whoa, I call dibs!"

"What the shuck?"

"Look at that Gally! You're the first glader ever to get your butt kicked by a girl."

By the sounds of it, I was the only girl. I sneakily slide my knife in my backpack, this dude wouldn't hurt me.

"Get off of me!" The boy shot up and made me fall.

"Alby! Newt! SOMEONE! Get down there!"

Two boys jumped into the cage and dragged us away from each other.

"Get the hell off of me!" I screamed. "Who are you people anyway? Where the hell am I?"

"Calm down," British voice filled my ears. It didn't seem like he was thrilled to be pulling the so-called "Gally" out of a fight. "You're okay."

I stopped struggling and violently turned my head to look at him. He had messy blonde hair, and warm, brown eyes.

My face softened and he asked if he could let me go. I nodded and stood next to him.

"That shank needs to be punished!" Gally pointed a finger at me accusingly.

"What the-" I started to say, but the blonde boy shot me a look, telling me to be quiet.

"Shut up, Gally. The greenie hasn't been here for a minute yet. She doesn't know squat." A dark skinned boy standing next to Gally spoke like he didn't particularly want to even look at him.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"I'm Alby, by the way." He stuck out a hand and I shook it.

"Y/n."

"Welcome to the glade."

"I'm Newt." The blonde boy piped up. I shook his hand too and smiled saying my name again. He smiled a little and I suddenly felt dizzy.

"I think I'm- I'm going to faint." I squeaked.

All of the sudden the world came crashing down around me and the possibility that Newt caught me in his arms was very likely.

BUT OMG PEOPLE ARE READING THIS BOOK OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!! 💗

I'll post the next part soon!

-anneequah

Edited: 11/7/16