#24

You know, authors note are meant to be read. IT'S NOT THAT LONG! Please go back and read it!! Thanks:)

"Are you saying it's true?"
"Where did you get that from?" I retorted, "Of course I didn't cheat!!"
"Why would you cheat? Why would you cheat, Y/N? You know how much this means?" Newt replied seriously, his voice growing louder.

"Newt!" I shouted, "I didn't cheat!! I wouldn't do that to you!"
"Then why did Thomas tell me that you cheated?!"
"Because he's the shankiest slinthead there ever was!!! I'm going to shucking throw him off the cliff!" I screamed, storming off.

I was done trying to convince Newt. Why wouldn't he just believe me?

I stormed across the glade, straight to the runner's hut. It was this quaint little building where all of the runners kept their maps and supplies. Only runners were allowed inside.

Gladers turned their heads to stare at me. They could tell I meant business. This was important.

I ripped open the wooden door and asked, "Where is the shank?"

Everyone inside stood in awe at my boldness. I wasn't going to let Thomas ruin Newt and I's relationship.

"You're not supposed to be in here," The keeper of the runners, Minho, spoke up as he stepped out of another room, "and you'll have to be more specific. There are plenty of shanks here."
"You know the one I want to beat the klunk out of." I replied quietly yet fiercely.
"Right this way." He directed me straight towards Thomas.
"Thank you, kind sir. I owe you one." I looked at Minho gratefully.
"This one's on the house."
"Alrightie then. You have my greatest gratitude." I replied.

Minho went back to his work and I plowed into Thomas. "What were you thinking?! Telling Newt that I cheated!!"
"You did!!" He exclaimed, fearfully looking up from the map he was sketching.
"I did not!!"
"Y/N, it's just a game!"
"Monopoly? That is not just a game here, in the glade! It is a way of shucking life! I cannot believe you told Newt that I cheated in this- this way of life!!" I was outraged.

"Calm down, Y/N. I'll talk to him." He put his hands up.
"You better." I hissed, walking out of the shack with somewhat of a satisfactory feeling coursing through me.

I try to make these long, but sometimes I just like how they turn out when they are shorter.

Did you think Y/N cheated on Newt?
BUT MONOPOLY IS SERIOUSLY HOSTILE. OKAY? OKAY. HAHA.

infinitymilkyways and I are very hostile when playing monopoly😂

Also, what do you think of the new cover?

-anneequah