AU #3

Spoilers for The Walking Dead (half way season premiere episode) and The Death Cure.

Thomas is going to be Ron and Newt is going to be Carl.

Btw Sam is going to be your little brother.

We walked out of the house and I felt sick to my stomach. Sure, I've been around a lot of walkers before but I've never pretended to be one before.

I gripped Newt's hand and stared straight ahead.

We paused for a second, due to the fact that Sam had stopped moving.

"Sam!" I whisper shouted to my brother. "We have to keep moving!"
"C'mon Sam!" Newt tried to get him to move but it didn't work.

The walkers devoured him right in front of us. The monsters ate my brother right before my eyes.

I felt numb and my mom started to scream and cry. Before I could do anything Newt covered my mouth with his palm, but it was too late for anyone to do anything for my mother.

The walkers tore into her too.

Tears ran down my cheeks and onto Newt's hand and he tried to comfort me into moving, but Thomas held up his gun.

I shook my head at him, trying to silently convince him to stop.

It all happened as a blur. Michonne stabbed Thomas yet he still managed to shoot Newt in the eye.

Newt fell to the ground and I violently shook as his dad picked him up and we ran with him to the infirmary.

Walkers turned towards us but Michonne and I cleared the way.

I lost my mom, my brother, and now I might be losing Newt.

I was violently shaking when we entered the infirmary and Denise started to help Newt.

I tore my eyes away from Newt and watched Rick walk out the door and rampage into the street.

"He's taking them all on." Someone said.

Michonne looked at me and I said,
"I'll stay here. Go."

People flooded outside into the Walker territory to help Rick, and I stayed inside with Denise to help in any way I could.

"He'll be okay." She assured me as I helped her bring him into another room and tucked into bed.

I held his hand and endlessly mumbled about how I love him and all the memories we shared and how he should wake up so we could experience more together.

"I love you. I wish this didn't happen to you, Newt." I cried.
"I love you too, Y/n." He tightened his hand around mine and I gasped.
"Newt!" Tears still streamed down my face as I kissed him.

"Y/n." He mumbled with his lips against my own.
"Mmm?"
"Please don't cry anymore."

Both our faces were wet with my tears and he softly wiped them away.

"I'm just so happy Thomas didn't kill you." I mumbled kissing him again.
"I'm happy about that too." He joked, "Eye really didn't see that coming."
"No! Too soon!" I exclaimed.
"I'll look like the Governor."
"No!! Don't say that!!"

But my baby Carl got shot in the eye!!! 😭

-anneequah