#59

"Do you ever wonder what's out there?" I was leaning against the railing of the look out tower. Newt was standing a little ways away. It seemed like he didn't really like heights.

"Beyond the walls? Of course. Everyone does." Newt gently replied. "Okay, but I can't stand you being that close to the railing, come here."

I turned to look at him and smiled when I realized he was being genuinely serious. We sat next to each other and I gazed at the walls, trying to get a glimpse of the world outside.

"You can't stop thinking about it, can you?"
"Thinking about what?" I snapped out of my thoughts.
"Everything out there. What your family is currently doing. If they miss you. Why we're here. Who did this to us."
"That pretty much sums up my thoughts." I sighed, "Don't you think about those things too?"

"Well, I guess, but it does you good not to dwell."
"That makes sense." I glumly stated. "I suppose I'm like everyone else? Right?"
"Y/n, you're the only girl in the Glade. You're pretty different."
"Oh," I lightly chuckled, "you're right."

It was a weird thing to think, but I felt like I belonged. Like I fit in, even if me being the first girl to be stuck in a maze was different.

Maybe we all knew each other before the maze...

I smiled and looked at Newt, thinking how amazing it would be to know if I spent my whole life with him.

He smiled back and I was so happy that I made a friend so effortlessly in a place like this.

Ayy for all of you who didn't read the previous author's note (shame on your cow) I'm back! This was a really short imagine, but I'll be updating at rapid fire speed (aka maybe a tad more frequently???)

Have a lovely day,
Anneequah