8 | i adore you

"Aris! Aris! St- stop it!" I laughed, unable to breathe properly.

My best friend told me a joke and in result I was giggling uncontrollably. Tears formed in the corner of my eyes and I gasped for air. "It hurts to laugh!"

He smiled widely, and chuckled a bit himself.

"Y/n, I've been meaning to tell you something," He said, suddenly serious.

I slowly stopped laughing and asked, "What is it?"

"Well, I overheard-"

"Y/N!" A voice rang out over Aris'. It was Newt. I smiled as he came over by us.

"Hey guys," He greeted us with a close-lipped smile, "what's up?"

"Aris just told me a hilarious joke!" I grinned, enjoying Newt's presence.

"Tell me Aris," Newt looked over to him with a hard expression.

"Okay-"

It ended with me laughing uncontrollably (once again) and Newt stared at me with a small smile on his face.

*   *   *

"Y/n, I really have to tell you something." Aris whispered.

"Okay." He pulled me away from a lunch table.

"I overheard that Newt really likes you."

"Really?" I gaped.

"Yeah, Thomas was teasing him about it at breakfast today. He's probably going to ask you out soon."

"Really?" I repeated.

"Yeah," he said, "I'm happy for you."

I immediately knew what was on his mind and acted quickly.

"Aris, I'm sure Sonya will notice you soon." I put a hand on his shoulder reassuringly.

"Yeah, yeah." He swatted me away and I laughed.

"See, we're always there for each other. Making each other laugh until we klunk ourselves, giving each other hope, sharing secrets. Best friends, man." He laughed at my words and we went back to the table. A few minutes after we sat down Newt came over and asked if he could speak to me.

"Of course," I replied.

Aris' eyebrows flicked up and gave me glance that made me want to do an awkward nervous laugh, but I held it in.

He led me to an area near where Aris and I talked earlier. I felt so nervous.

"Aris told me that you liked me!" I blurted out, and instantly regretted being so abrupt, "I don't know why I just said that! I'm sorry. Gosh, I'm so awkward-"

He lightly pressed his lips against mine, gently kissing me. When I kissed back I felt insanely happy that that was his method of shutting me up.

"Y/n, would you give me the never ending pleasure of being my girlfriend?" He whispered, his lips brushing against mine. "I absolutely adore you."

"Yes! I like you so much, Newt. You have no idea."

"God, you're so adorable." He kissed me again and a moment later claps and hollering echoed off the walls.

We pulled away and an audience of Gladers stood there cheering for us.

"Newt! You finally got the courage to ask the poor girl out!"

I giggled and Newt wrapped an arm around me, grinning with a blush spreading across both of our cheeks.

Aris gave me a double thumbs up and everyone crowded around Newt and clapped him on the back like he won the World Series or something.

I must have meant that much to him. I mean, that's certainly how much he meant to me... more than that actually.

The next day all the Gladers had a bonfire and Newt sat down next to me, wrapping an arm around me. I mimicked his British accent whispering I adore you in his ear. He laughed as I insisted that it was true.

All was well.

Omg I'm such a fangirl.

So I've recently started watching The Walking Dead, (I know, I know... I should've watched it from season one.) I WON'T SPOIL ANYTHING I PROMISE!!
But there was a death in it that reminded me of page 250 (not the same thing but it just reminded me of it)

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving by the way!!!

-anneequah