6 | ducklings

"Hey Newt," You smiled.

Newt instantly smiled back, it was a nervous smile, but a smile all the same. He always smiled when he saw you and you always did the same in return.

"Ready to go?" He asked. You two were going to go to the neighborhood's local park for a walk. It was your favorite place from your childhood. In fact, that's where you met Newt.

"Yup!" You shrugged on your favorite sweatshirt (well, you actually stole it from him) and-

"Is that my sweatshirt?" He asked, grinning widely.

"Oh," you blushed slightly, "yeah, yeah it is."

"When did you take it?"

"Last week." You mumbled, trivially embarrassed. To him, it was incredibly adorable.

In a few minutes time you two had reached the park. You walked down towards the lake and sat down on a bench, staring out at the water.

"Y/n-"

"Newt, look!" You pointed out at the water, "Ducklings!" You grabbed his hand and pulled him closer to the little ducks. He blushed the moment your hand touched his.

Once you were close enough to reach out and touch the tiny feathered friends you didn't let go of his hand, and he blushed harder.

"Y/n," He laughed, letting go of your hand and running it through his hair.

"Yeah Newt?" You turned to look at him, taking your attention off of the ducks.

"I-I..." He stuttered, "I-um, wanna tell you something."

You looked at him and replied saying, "Newt you can tell me anything." You took a lingering second to look at his perfect lips that he was gnawing on. Nerves, perhaps?

"I like you."

Your eyes widened and you shook your head,
"No... You can't possibly-"

"Oh bloody hell, Y/n. I love the way your eyes light up when you're excited. You were so cute when you realized that there was ducklings in the pond," He went on, "The way you smile and you look when you're pondering something makes me smile. Y/n, I think I shucking love you."

"Newt?"

"Yes?" He asked, terrified that you'd reject him.

"I think I love you too." You whispered. His eyes lit up and he softly pressed his lips against yours. A duck quacked and you smiled pulling away, "It's happy for us."

"It can't possibly be as happy as I am right now." He whispered.

And with that, you two kissed again.

Aww, I thought this was cute!

-anneequah

Edited: 11/20/16