#66.2

A lot of people requested a part two, so I decided to give it a try!

ARIS' POV

I loved Y/n. I really did.

I knew Newt was trying to say that he just wanted to get to know her, but I felt set on not letting him.

It was completely selfish, but at one point I saw her and him share a smile, and all I could think about was how she smiled at me so much brighter.

Why me?

Why would she choose me out of all these new people?

She had known me the longest, sure, but that wasn't good enough reason to stay with someone.

"Y/n, why... why are you in a relationship with me?" I asked her.

We were somewhere in the huge building in a hallway that didn't seem to have a lot of traffic.

"I'm in love with you, Aris." She looked me in the eyes, "You helped me survive the maze. You held my hand when I was scared beyond anything I imagined was possible. You made me laugh and you still do. I can't imagine any future without you."

"But-"

"Aris!" She exclaimed, and abruptly kissed me.

I kissed her back and thought about how amazing she was.

I could faintly hear footsteps, but no one seemed to be making it an awkward moment, so I didn't really care all that much.

Y/N'S POV

How did I get so lucky with Aris? Honestly, my care for him is more than I could possibly explain.

I just had to shut him up because he didn't understand that.

*   *   *

I was exceptionally tired for a reason I wasn't aware of, and I had my head resting on his shoulder.

"You should eat." He quietly said. I removed my head from his surprisingly comfortable shoulder and looked down at my tray.

"Yeah."

[wow, all the boys swoon for y/n and her one word responses. Lol sorry I make myself laugh]

"We should hang out with the other group today." I tiredly smiled. "They're nice."

His expression flickered to something other than contentment, and then he said, "Sure."

I think his problem was that he trusted me, but he didn't trust the other boys. He really didn't have anything to worry about. I was all his.

No matter what.

NEWT'S POV

"Newt, what is wrong?" Thomas put emphasis on every word and his eyes were wide.

I was sitting at the table furthest from where Y/n was cuddled into Aris. Mainly staring into space, attempting to think about anything but her and occasionally glancing at the two of them with furtive looks.

I rubbed my eyes and replied, "I don't even bloody know her, Tommy."

He understood who I was talking about almost instantly.

"Y/n?"

"That's the girl I'm crazy for."

Suddenly Thomas' eyes widened again and I couldn't help but ask, "What is it?!"

"I think I have a plan to break the two do them up."

"You do?" I tentatively questioned.

He began to talk through this sudden plan he had and he seemed so on board with helping me carry it out.

I looked over at Y/n and Aris one last time and said, "We can't. I can't."

"Why not?" He asked, looking surprised by response.

"She's clearly happy with him, and I don't want to spoil her happiness."

Thomas respected my decision and so did I.

I didn't really know her all that well, but her happiness mattered more to me than mine.

She was happy and if that shank ever broke her heart, I'd break his face.

Newt's feelings for Y/n were unrealistic because he didn't really know her at all, but we can pretend that Newt had feelings for her before the maze so the problem can have a reasonable explanation, I guess... lol

Btw I wasn't planning on making this a two-parter, but several people requested it, so I thought "why not give it a shot?"

I didn't want Newt and Y/n to end up together when I first had this idea, so that stayed constant even with the second part... so sorry if you expected it to end differently 😁

TBH I feel like my authors notes are too lengthy sometimes *cringe* and that's just so... well... cringe-y 😂😂👏🏽👏🏽

Anyway, thanks for being beautiful readers and have a lovely day!

-anneequah