#40

THE DEATH CURE SPOILERS!!!

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!

Page 250😭😭😭

"Thomas?" I called out with a shaky voice.

He dropped the gun and looked up at me with an expression that was a combination of many things. Anger, fear, regret, depression, and so much more.

I went hysterical.

I ran towards them, pushing Thomas off of Newt and Thomas tried pulling me away. He knew the cranks we coming near us.

"Newt." I cried, grabbing onto his shirt, balling it up in my hands. His eyes were looking up at the sky except they couldn't see anything. He would never see anything ever again.

"He told me," Thomas tried to speak between his sobs, "that I should keep you safe. I promised him. He said that you meant more to him than anything. You were what kept him going, Y/n. You were so much more than his world. You were all the stars in the sky.
You brought meaning to his life."
I sobbed rolling over and Thomas carried me to a van.

"Newt's gone. He's gone! It's all because of you!" I sobbed, shouting at Thomas.

I accused him. It was just so much easier to blame someone. So much easier.

Thomas and I cried beside each other, in the back of a van. I watched out the window. Cranks were chasing us, but they didn't block out the view of the boy who always called me 'love.'

I rested my head on his shoulder and sobbed for hours.

When we got out of the van I threw up and the people ushered me inside a building where I found Minho.

"M-M-Min-Minho." I wrapped my arms around him and I knew he was looking at Thomas.

I couldn't say the words out loud. It would only make it feel more real.

Newt was gone, and there was nothing I could do to change it.

***

Sometimes I sit and wonder what it would be like if WICKED ever found a cure for the flare.

What if they could have saved Newt.

What it would be like for him to be right beside me.

"Thinking about him?" A familiar voice asked.

Minho sat down beside me and I dipped my toes in the pond.

"Always." I confessed.
"Me too."

We stayed silent.

"Remember that one time when Thomas kept asking the questions in the garden?" He asked.
"And Newt said that they tried everything to escape the maze?" I replied, "Yeah."
Minho smiled, "That was one of the best moments in the glade."
I smiled a small smile.
"That's true."
"He was so satisfied with himself." Minho lightly chuckled. "Why don't you go get some fertilizer?"
"You don't sound anything like him!" I giggled, "You can't even get the accent right!"
"Whatever." He laughed.

We talked about Newt. All the happy times we shared with him.

For the first time after Newt died, I was actually happy. I hope he was too.

Right in the feels.

So I attempted to take on thee page 250. James Dashner can write it like no one else.

Also, did you hear about Dylan?? I was in shock when I found out he was hurt! I hope he gets better soon.

-anneequah