#33.2

"What do you mean 'you're working for WICKED'?" I hissed.
"Keep your voice down!" He warned me.
I glared at him as I waited for his response.

"I know you saw Ava Paige walk through the doors yesterday, and that was only because she needed us to help them get through the scorch. She doesn't know you're immune and the only way to keep you safe was to say yes."
"They'll find me!"
"You have to act as though you don't know that you're immune." He said, "They will use you eventually, but I thought this was best."
"Well, I'm pissed at you."
"Thanks for being straightforward." He said, following me back inside. "And please don't tell them."

"Alright kids! Ava Paige isn't dead! She's alive! She came here yesterday to make us help you get through the scorch! That's all I know and YOU'RE WELCOME!" I defiantly shouted and then dashed out of the office and into my bedroom.

I stayed there, just looking out the window and watching the lightning spark up the sky. Thunder shook the window and I wondered if it was going to break.

Eventually I fell asleep and a knock came from the other side of my door.

"Go away Jorge!"
"It's not Jorge, but he wanted me to tell you that you should eat breakfast." A British voice took me by surprise.

If Jorge knew that I didn't want to see him and I didn't want to see anyone else I knew, then he knew me very well.

I slowly stood up, brushing myself off, and opened the door. It was the blonde boy.

"He assumed you wouldn't want to see him yet." He added. I nodded, collecting my thoughts from just a moment ago and we walked down the stairs together.

I noticed he had a limp and I pondered how he got it. It must've been something bad. That's surprising WICKED didn't fix it...

"Thank you." He smiled.
"For what?" I asked.
"Telling us that last night." He replied, "Oh, my, uh, my name's Newt by the way. You're Y/N, right?"
"That's me." I grinned, "Did WICKED give you those names?"
"I don't know." He sighed, "Most likely?"
"I can only think that your name came from Isaac Newton's name."
"That makes sense. How did you get your name?"

I told him the story about how I received my name and he smiled and I found myself sitting down at a table with a lot of the WICKED boys.

"I'll be right back." Newt stated, quickly getting up.

Once he left the boy with the black hair and sassy attitude looked at me with a testing expression.

"Yes?" I asked, taking a sip of water.
"For as long as I can remember, I've never seen Newt smile this much." He stated. His response threw me off guard and the leader with dark brown hair confirmed, "It's true."
"Thomas, you've only known Newt for like a week."
"Whatever." He rolled his eyes.

Newt returned and all the boys asked me questions about the scorch.

"Why so interested to leave? You've got two weeks."
"One week and three days." The boy sassed.
"Kid, what's your name?"
"Minho."
"That name fits your personality." I muttered, "Anyway, I'll answer any questions you have, we are supposed to be helping you."

So I did.

Some of the questions shocked me; those ones were actually about my life.

"How long have you been living here?"
"Where were you when the sun flares hit?"
"Have you ever had a cat?"

"A cat?" I laughed.
"Yeah, I've always wanted a cat." He grinned.
"I did when I was little. He was white and had bright green eyes. He was so fat." I chuckled, "I named him Chunkers."

The table laughed at my comment and I looked at Newt, his smile brightened my day.

"Y/N?" Jorge asked, "May I please speak with you."
"See you later, guys." I said, getting up from the table.

We walked side by side and I told him that I forgave him.

"What? Are you pulling my leg?"
"No. I forgive you. If you really chose to do that, then you must think it's best for us. You were acting on good intentions, and I can't be mad at you for that."
He sighed and said,
"Thank you, Y/N."

I felt like this was a good place to end this part of the imagine and the final part will be posted soon!!

Newt will be in a lot more of the next part btw:)

-anneequah