Chapter 1, Scene 3

'Fifteen, seventeen, nineteen,' Justin counted the odd numbered cabins on the left. If his calculations were correct, theirs would be the next one. It was.

'This is really nice,' he said as he parked the car next to their cabin. Justin got out and surveyed the huge trees around them. 'This is very nice.'

'Happy anniversary, Sweetie,' Rebecca said and kissed him on the cheek. He took her in his arms and held her tightly before kissing her passionately for the first time since they left home. 'Thank you for arranging this, love,' he said. 'I really needed it.'

'You and me both,' she said and held him even tighter. For a moment they didn't have a care in the world. There weren't unpaid bills to worry about; no job-hunting for Justin; no concern about next month's groceries or where the money would come from. It was just the two of them, surrounded by nature, as they stood embraced in each other's arms.

'Right, let's get our things inside,' Justin said. 'I want to go explore this place with you.'

She kissed him once more and sighed. 'Okay,' she said. 'You can start unloading our things while I open the door and windows.'

Justin heaved two heavy suitcases from the trunk of the car. He then carried them to the only bedroom in the cabin. 'This is nice,' he said as he swung the suitcases onto the hard bed. 'It's not home, but it's definitely nice.'

'There's a shower,' Rebecca said with a naughty grin as she entered the tiny bedroom. 'Wanna take one?'

Justin laughed. 'Later,' he said. 'Let's go explore first.'