Chapter 4, Scene 12

Friday nights were Simon's favourite. There was a certain smell in the air that one didn't get on any other night. It was a fresh smell, rejuvenating the soul after a long weeks' worth of work. He decided to spend the evening at the local mall where he would watch the people ice skate while he enjoyed a cold chocolate milkshake after which he would watch the new block buster movie.

Simon scouted the parking lot for an open bay near the main entrance, but wasn't surprised when he found none. He then drove around to the far side of the lot where there were a few available bays, and parked next to a huge truck. He stepped out and locked the door. There were no security guards this far from the entrance, and to make matters worse, most of the lights in this section of the parking lot were out, making this side of the lot appear eerie and somewhat ominous. Simon decided that he wouldn't let that bother him. He took a deep whiff of Friday night air and started towards the shopping mall.

That's a big truck, Simon thought as he looked at the massive sixteen wheeler parked next to his car. The top of the truck's wheel stood out well above the roof of Simon's car. Halfway to the entrance, Simon stopped.

Lord, he prayed. Please protect my car and all the rest of the cars in this parking lot.

Simon looked back and his heart skipped a beat. Next to the truck stood a man so large that the top of the truck only reached his hips. The man had massive, outstretched wings and brandished a huge flaming sword. Simon blinked once and the gigantic being was gone. After a moment he wasn't even sure if he had seen the angel at all. Simon nodded and continued on his way towards the mall, confident that the cars would be protected.