Chapter 10, Scene 13

He was charming.

He was attractive.

He was always there when she needed someone.

Rebecca looked at Dominic and the two of them embraced. They both closed their eyes, and for a moment their mouths only searched. He pulled her closer and pressed his lips tightly against hers. Her knees weakened and buckled, but he held her upright and kissed her even more intently.

'I...I can't do this,' she said, but didn't do much more to discourage the man that held her so firmly. She longed to be held like that for a long time now, but Justin didn't hold her like that anymore. He never kissed her anymore and never made an effort to make her feel attractive. So she kissed Dominic without much resistance.

'Yes you can,' he said and picked her up and carried her to the bedroom where he gently lowered her onto the bed. He leaned forward and kissed her in the neck and she was lost to him.

It was then that she woke up. She breathed heavily in the darkness of the room and felt with her hand at the empty spot where Justin would usually be sleeping. The pressure on her arms, wrists, and chest subsided a little, but not a lot. It still felt like someone was holding her tightly and she sat up straight. In the corner of the room she could sense someone standing there, watching her in the darkness. She switched on the bed lamp and squinted at the sudden light.

There was no one there.

She breathed deeply and lay down again. It wasn't long before she slumbered off with the light still on.