Chapter 13, Scene 11

'What are you doing here?' Justin asked as he entered the living room. 'And what the hell are you doing with my wife?'

Dominic's facial expression made it obvious that he was caught off-guard.' You're not supposed to be here,' he hissed and shook his head.' It doesn't matter. She is no longer your wife,' he said. 'She's coming with me.'

Justin couldn't believe that this puny excuse for a man would even dare challenge him. 'Like hell she will,' He said and charged at Dominic. He slammed his fist into Dominic's face, sending the young man tumbling backward into the couch.

'Rebecca,' Justin said and shook his wife gently on the shoulders. 'What's going on here?'

'Leave...'

The wind howled. Dominic looked up and snarled.

Justin looked at Dominic and his blood froze when he saw the glowing eyes and the razor sharp jagged teeth. Teeth like a shark! Justin thought. Before he could blink, Dominic was upon him and had his throat clamped in a vice-like grip that was meant to crush.

'Urk—!'

'You should have been dead by now,' Dominic hissed. 'Smashed into a truck. I don't know how you managed to survive that, but I can promise you that you will not survive this.'

Dominic flung Justin across the room, and his huge frame smashed into the wall unit with enough force to shatter every bone in his body. Only the angle that he struck the wall unit with was what spared him of that fate. In a fraction of a second Dominic was upon Justin again. He raised his claw-like hand into the air.

'In the name of Jesus Christ,' a voice at the door shouted above the wind. 'Leave that man alone!'

An invisible force flung Dominic from Justin and sent him sprawling into the couch again.

'This has gone far enough, demon,' Simon said.

'You?' Dominic sneered with a snarl. 'A mere human? You think you can threaten me?'

'I'm warning you,' Simon said. 'Stay away from these people.'

Dominic jumped up and sprinted towards Simon, his teeth bared and his claw-like fingers ready to rip apart whatever it grabbed hold of. At the last possible second, Simon side-stepped him and shot out the ridge of his hand into Dominic's throat, sending the man toppling head over heels before slamming him into the ground.

'You will not harm this family,' Simon said. 'You will not lay your dirty claws on their son.'

Dominic stood up and growled like a lion. His eyes glowed like burning embers from its darkened sockets. 'This is where you die,' he said and charged at Simon again. Once again Simon side-stepped but this time a brilliant sword appeared in his hands with which he slashed out at Dominic, cleaving the man's stomach from side to side.

Dominic held his hand over his stomach and looked down. The wound was fatal. He realized it. Slowly the flesh on his hand and around the wound dissolved. He took a step closer to Simon.

'Get her out of here!' Simon shouted at his friend. Justin wrapped his arms around Rebecca and picked her up. He ran for the door and Rebecca moaned softly as she slowly started to break free from her trance. At the door Justin looked at Simon, still wondering what on earth was going on. 'Go!' Simon insisted. That was all Justin needed to nudge him out the door.