Chapter 4, Scene 9

Far away from the Greene household, at the mouth of a cave stood a hooded figure, watching the night skies. The figure sniffed at the air, and once satisfied that everything was safe and secure, entered the cave.

'It is done,' the figure spoke from the middle of a clearing to seemingly no one. 'I have accomplished my mission.' For a moment there was nothing but a soft humming echoing off the walls of the cave.

'No,' a voice finally spoke. The voice appeared to be coming from the walls, and surrounded the lone figure standing in the clearing. 'It is not finished.'

'What do you mean?' the hooded figure asked. 'The birth of the child has been prevented. That is what you sent me to accomplish.'

More humming.

'Right...?'

'The child that you are referring to was not the one. The one we seek must still be born.'

'How could you be so sure?' the figure asked.

'Do you dare question me?' the voice boomed from all around the figure. 'Do you dare?'

The figure fell down on its knees. 'Forgive me, my lord.'

'You shall return,' the voice commanded. 'But the plan has changed. You are not to harm the child.'

The figure nodded. 'What am I to do, my lord?'

'Stand back until the child is conceived, then drive the woman insane and make the husband leave her. After the birth, we can dispose of the woman.'

'What if he doesn't leave her?'

Humming.

'Then kill him.'

The figure nodded. 'And the child?'

'The child will be raised by someone of my choosing. He will grow strong and powerful and will serve my purposes instead.'

'As you wish, my lord,' the figure said before standing up. After bowing deeply, it disappeared.