Chapter 6, Scene 5

'My wife said my name,' Justin said.

Simon looked up. 'Excuse me?'

'That day in the coffee shop. You knew my name because my wife said it out loud.'

Simon shook his head and laughed. 'She didn't say your name out loud,' he said. 'Not once.'

Justin thought back to that day but couldn't remember whether she did or not. 'If it wasn't her,' he asked. 'How did you know?'

'It was given to me,' Simon answered.

'Given to you? By whom?'

'By God, of course,' Simon said. His smile transformed into a sly grin. 'But since you don't believe in God, I'm sure that you'll be able to find a way to scientifically justify it.'

'You really believe that, don't you?' Justin asked. 'You really believe that you got my name from God?'

'That's right.'

'Was it a booming voice from heaven, or did He meet you for coffee beforehand?'

'You mock,' Simon said. 'But deep inside you know that I'm speaking the truth.'

'All right,' Justin said and cleared his throat to sound more serious about the topic. 'How does He talk to you?'

'It's not audible,' Simon said. 'It's more an inner knowledge that just occurs to me.'

'An inner knowledge?'

'Yes,' Simon said. 'I would know what the Lord wants me to know about a certain person or event. But outside of that I know you no better than you know me.'

A smile formed on Justin's face. 'Okay,' he said, 'what am I thinking right now?'

Simon chuckled. 'It doesn't work like that.'

'Come on,' Justin goaded. 'I'll make it easy for you. It's a colour.'

'I don't know the colour that you're thinking of,' Simon said and stood up. 'But I do know this.' He held up his index finger. 'One,' he said. 'It's not a good idea to move out. Rebecca needs you now more than ever.'

Justin's face dropped. 'How did you...?'

Simon held up a second finger. 'Two,' he said. 'Nothing is impossible for God to forgive. Not even an abortion. All you need to do is ask.' With that, Simon turned and left.