Chapter 6, Scene 6

Something bothered Simon. On his way to the hospital he wondered if it might be something about Justin or his wife. As he neared the hospital, the feeling intensified. Something was wrong with little Timmy. Simon could sense it.

'Lord,' he prayed as he parked his car in the visitor's lot. 'Please don't let anything happen to Timmy.' He got out and locked the door. 'Please let him be all right.'

The feeling intensified even more.

Simon headed for the reception desk. 'What's wrong with the boy?' he asked the nurse without greeting her.

'Oh hi, Simon,' the nurse at the desk greeted him. 'Nothing that I'm aware of. Why?'

Simon ignored her and ran down the hallway to Timmy's room. He hesitated a moment before entering the room and when he finally did, it took him a moment to register that everything was fine.

'Why, Lord? Why would you allow anything bad to happen to him?' Simon asked out loud as he knelt down next to the bed.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

'Everything to the glory of God,' Simon said softly and took the boy's hand in his own. 'Everything to the glory of God...'

Through his prayers, Simon couldn't shake the feeling that something terrible was about to happen to Timmy.