Chapter 4, Scene 8

Justin was conflicted. He didn't get the answers from Simon that he was looking for, but he could sense that Simon spoke from his heart. There was a certain sense of truth that echoed in Simon's words that Justin couldn't deny.

But if you are aware of any sins that have not been forgiven, and you ask forgiveness for those sins, the Lord will remain faithful and forgive you.

Justin's fingers tightened around the steering wheel. Do I have to be forgiven? He wondered. Was it that night with Megan? He didn't feel like confessing anything about that night to either to Rebecca or God. Justin figured that it was a stupid kiss and that telling his wife about it would most probably cause more harm than good, especially given her current condition. He figured that what she didn't know wouldn't break her heart.

Is it the fact that deep down I'm not ready to be a father yet?

The Lord will remain faithful and forgive you.

'I don't need forgiveness,' Justin mumbled.

The Lord will remain faithful and forgive you.

'It was a stupid kiss!' Justin yelled and slammed his palm against the steering wheel. Pain shot through his wrist and he instantly regretted his sudden outburst. It was then that he remembered. And with the remembering came the tears. Justin pulled off the side of the road, unbuckled his seat-belt, and then wept like he hadn't done in a long time.