Chapter 2, Scene 6

The first thing Rebecca did when they got home was call her parents. Both her and Justin's parents were equally thrilled to hear that they were going to be grandparents, and immediately felt the need to take charge and start planning everything.

Although most of the tension had been placed on temporary hold by the potential job that Justin could get, he still felt a hollow feeling in his gut. There was a constant gnawing at the back of his mind that he was forgetting something; that he wasn't ready to be a father just yet. He figured it best to keep his feelings to himself for now and pretend to be happy; for now at least. Justin waited until Rebecca put down the phone. 'I'm going to update my résumé,' he said and pointed in the direction of the study.

'Enjoy it, Love,' Rebecca said and snuck in a kiss. 'I'm going to call Tanya and tell her. She'll be so excited.'

'I'm sure she will,' Justin said as he made his way to the study.

'Do you want something to drink?' she called after him.

'Maybe later, thanks.' He stopped short of the study door and frowned. 'Becky,' he called down the hallway, 'please remember to keep this door closed.'

She was too immersed in her conversation with her best friend to worry about something as trivial as a door, so she just waved him off.

Justin took a deep breath and wondered if he would ever hear from that Simon guy or his employer. 'All I can do is hope,' he sighed as he switched on his computer.