Chapter 13, Scene 2

'I don't think you should go,' Simon said, 'I really have a very bad feeling about this.'

'So do I,' Justin said. 'If I go, Rebecca will  leave me. For good this time. I know it.' He sighed. 'But if I don't, the company will lose its biggest paying client and most likely fire or retrench me; something we can't afford now that there's a baby on the way.'

'They can't put that kind of pressure on you,' Simon said. 'Is there no one else they can send instead?'

Justin shook his head. 'Not according to Lance, no. I'm the chosen one that will save the company. The corporate messiah.'

Simon didn't laugh at Justin's joke. 'Have you spoken to Rebecca about your concerns with Dominic yet?'

'I haven't, no,' Justin admitted. 'Didn't have the time to do so yet. She was troubled about something when I got home the other night, so I didn't want to upset her any more than absolutely necessary.'

'When are you going to the site?'

'Tomorrow afternoon; after work. Just have to shoot by the apartment to pick up some stuff and say goodbye to Becky before I leave.'

'Will you be able to talk to her tonight?'

'I don't know,' Justin said. 'I guess I could at least try.'

'I still don't think you should go,' Simon said.

'Tell that to Lance.'

Simon rubbed his face. 'This is really bad.'

'Why couldn't they just send you?' Justin asked. 'No offence.'

'I have that roll-out to finish,' Simon said. 'It has to be done by Friday, and there's no way that anyone could be brought up to speed in time for me to take over your site.'

'This sucks,' Justin said. 'Guess I have no choice but to face the music then, do I?'

'Everything will turn out fine,' Simon said. 'I'm almost sure of it.'

Justin shrugged. 'Tell that to my wife,' he said and walked off.