Chapter 13, Scene 8

Justin wanted to send a text message to Rebecca, but just as he was typing it, his battery died.

'Nuts,'he said and flung the useless phone to one side. Much needed rain was coming. Clouds billowed thick and dark at a rapid pace. Wind kicked dust into the air, lending a certain purple colour to the late afternoon skyline. Justin switched on the headlights of his car.

Although he was confident that he would sort out everything with Rebecca when he returned, something gnawed at his stomach. Something made him feel uncomfortable.

Well you have to decide now, Justin Greene, which is more important. Your job or your wife. Because it appears that either way, you're going to lose one of them.

Justin shook his head. It wasn't fair.

It's in your hands now. You alone control the fate of this company.

Justin knew that he had an obligation towards his employer. He bit his lower lip. He also had one towards his wife. Justin hesitated a moment longer and then pulled off the side of the road.

Just imagine to what advantage it could be, career wise, if news would reach the board members that you single-handedly saved the company.

'I don't care,' Justin said out loud. 'My wife needs me.'

It's in your hands now. You alone control the fate of this company.

'I! Don't! Care!'Justin shouted and slammed the steering wheel with the palm of his hand. He took a few deep breaths, weighed his options, made up his mind, and then made the U-turn back home.