Chapter 12, Scene 5

Demons battled angels. Simon was surrounded by the foul smelling creatures. They advanced at a rapid pace, all baring fangs and waving swords.

'Elrisk!' Simon shouted. 'Where are you?'

The demons advanced quicker.

'Elrisk!'

'Right here beside you, my old friend,' a voice spoke from his left.

Simon looked to his side and saw the man that had been in his apartment only a week ago. The man was clothed in robes of gold that radiated light. He brandished a flaming sword in his hand and had huge, powerful wings.

'Looks like we have company,' the angel known to Simon as Elrisk said and pointed at the advancing horde.

Simon didn't make a move until they were almost upon him. He instinctively reached for his side and unsheathed a flaming sword. With one forceful arc through the air, Simon slew four demons at once.

'Welcome back, Yuriel,' Elrisk said and laughed out loudly.

The two of them slashed their way through hordes of demons until, finally, there were no more to slay.

Simon looked at the angel next to him. 'I accept,' he said.

'Accept?'

'The truth.'

Elrisk didn't say anything.

'I accept the truth and embrace the knowledge of who I really am.'

Elrisk smiled and his teeth radiated a blinding light that engulfed Simon. He woke up and slid off the bed. On his knees he prayed while the tears flowed. But they were not tears of sadness. They were tears of victory and joy.