Chapter 1, Scene 8

By the time they reached Megan's cabin, Justin's head felt like it was bobbing around inside a tumble dryer. Just before reaching the door, Justin stumbled and Megan caught him. He hung his arms around her shoulders for support and they both giggled at his antics.

'This is me,' Megan said and there was a moment of silence as Justin tried to read her body language to see what it was that she wanted of him. Did she want him to return to his own bungalow? No. Her warm smile and inviting posture told him that she wanted quite the opposite.

'So, Mister Greene with an e,' she said and hooked her arms around his shoulders. 'Do you want to come in?'

Justin's heart bounced around furiously in his chest. 'I don't know if that is such a good idea...'

She ignored him and instead nibbled softly on his ear.

Justin's legs weakened. She smelled lovely; sweet and innocent, yet mature and irresistible at the same time.

Kiss her, the invisible creature whispered into his ear. In the spiritual realm, little imp-like demons danced and twirled around the two. Kiss her! The demons danced faster and faster as they hissed suggestions of lust and desire.

Justin's head spun faster.

Kiss her, kiss her, kiss her!

His mouth searched for Megan's.

The demons chanted even louder and faster until their voices buzzed in a blur of white noise. Justin's mind reeled. He pressed his lips hard against Megan's and kissed her passionately.

Silence.

The demons stood perfectly still, eyeing the embraced pair; their mission accomplished. The creature waved them off and they scattered into the night air, in search of other victims. The demon grinned as it watched the two. Something caught its attention. It looked towards a few trees not too far away. Glowing eyes stared back from the darkness. The demon bowed and, taking one last look at the couple, shot into the night skies.

Justin pulled himself away from Megan. 'I'm sorry, but I can't do this,' he said.

'Yes you can,' Megan said and tried to pull him closer.

He broke free from her grip. 'I have to get back to my wife...'

'Are you sure?' Megan asked seductively. 'I only invite once.'

Justin rubbed his throbbing temples. 'I...I have to go.' With that, he turned and stumbled down a path in the general direction he thought would lead to his cabin.

Megan shook her head. 'Men,' she sighed and then went inside and closed the door.

From behind one of the nearby trees a figure stepped into the path and observed Justin stumbling away in the distance. Its eyes glowed like burning embers and its snarl revealed razor sharp teeth. Justin's one small act of adultery was all it needed to proceed with its mission. The damage was done. The gateway had been opened.