16

I stand on Mia's doorstep waiting unpatiently for her to open it.

"Hello" her mother smiled as she swung the door open.

"Hmm hi" I say awkwardly.

"What would you like? Are you here to see Mia because she has gone out" she smiled again, obviously not remebering me from when we were to younger.

"I was here to see Mia but I think you might be more helpful" I smile.

"Come on in" she opens the door wider as I nod my head.

"So what do you want?" she asked.

"My house was torn apart and so was my room and my important files have gone missing" I sigh. "But we caught it on cctv and your daughter and her friends were there doing it all" I lie but I can't just say I think that she has got my files.

"Oh" she sighs. "What are the files on?" she asked.

"Remeber the nut case girl?" I asked referring to what people used to call me and she nodded. "I'm here" her mouth drops.

"She stole those files but everyone knows about it" she says confused.

"My mother doesn't and if she found out I would have to move away" I sigh.

"Well good thing I know every hiding place in this house" she smiles. This is why I loved coming here when I was younger.

"Here" she says and leads me upstairs to I'm guessing Mia's room. She went to a corner and lifted a carpet revealing floor boards. She lifted one and pulled out a box. Then she went over to the dresser and pulled a key necklace off the stand. Taking that back over to the box she unlocked it and there my file sat.

"Back in its owners hands" she smiled and handed it to me.

"Thank you" I cheer and give her a hug.

"It's ok Ad" she smiles back.

"You remeber me?" I asked shocked.

"A face as gorgeous as yours is impossible to forget. I'm sorry my daughter put you through all of that. I fought to get you out of that wretched place but I lost the case. To be honest sweetie I wanted you as my own" she says kisses my forehead and then tides everything away.

"Bye Caroline" I said and walked out of the house and back home. At least I can go on holiday tomorrow without worrying about my mum finding out.