eleven // h

"marina, i love you"

the words leaked out of my mouth like tar. they hung in the air around us. my forehead was still on hers. my arms tightened around her. the tension drained from my nerves. i awaited her words, scared of what could come out.

did i f.ück up? i think i f.ücked up... i think i was too soon. no. this time was right. but she's not responding...? does she not accept it?

"daddy," she sighed out while unwrapping my hands from her and pushing me away.

"yes, princess?" i choked out.

you f.ücked up, harry...

silence filled the small gap between us. her eyes were fixated on the floor, her fingers were picking at a hangnail as if she were nervous.

"mr. styles. y-you just can't love me. it's not possible." she murmured.

"but i do love you! i know it's only been a limited amount of time but you've shown me what real love is and it's opened my eyes to a whole new world. you, marina. you're my world," i explained.

"but. but i'm just a product. i'm a product of society. i grew up with a family and then sent to an auction at the appropriate age, then bought by a man who would then own me and use me for their own desires. i'm one in a million," she said.

she thinks she's here for my own desires. she doesn't believe me. she's only here because she's being forced to. does that mean that she doesn't love me...?

"babygirl, do you love me?" i asked.

silence.

please. please pleasepleaseplease. marina, i can't lose you...

"of course, daddy." she whispered shyly.

fireworks exploded. my heart jumped. my breath quickened. my nerves were on fire.

"i love you. iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou. i love you marina!" i tried to compose myself.

i haven't heard those words in such a long time...

six years. i have waited six years to hear three words directed at me. sure, i've heard those words and have used them in a conversation, but this was different. these words were in a certain sequence that made my heart beat faster. i pulled marina into my arms, i was to never let her go.

"i love you too, mr. styles" she blushed.

so beautiful...

"it's harry. you can call me harry now. i mean, if you want" i blurted out. my heart and mind was still in the process of interpreting the words marina had just spoke to me. (A/N if you're wondering why this is such a big deal for harry, you'll find out more as the book continues. no, he is not a dramatic teenage girl lmao)

"i'll think about it" she smiled. her smile was wider and more... genuine?

"i'm tired, princess. you?" i said. she gave me a simple nod and sat back down on the bed. i walked to the closet and grabbed clothes for both of us. i put on my clothes and tossed marina one of my shirts and a pair of ünderwear.

"thank you" she said while yawning.

"no problem baby" i said while letting myself fall on the bed. after she put on the clothes, she crawled to where i was on the bed and buried her head into my chest. i wrapped my arms around her again, bringing her as close as i could.

"you're very beautiful, you know that?" i said, breaking the silence.

"very random. but thank you," she smiled. she turned her head up so she could see me better. i kissed her forehead softly and smiled back.

"wanna hear a joke?" i asked.

"sure"

"what did the triangle say to the circle?"

"uh, what?"

"you're pointless!" i chuckled, "get it? because it's a circle!"

marina rolled her eyes and giggled, "yes, yes i get it. you're so corny sometimes, harry"

i responded with a soft smile. she wiggled a little bit to loosen my hold on her body. her gaze controlled me. i may be the 'dominate' one as i am classified to the world, but god dammit; her eyes could make me do anything.

"let's go to bed now, baby. tomorrow is another long day at work for daddy."

"mhm" she responded as she moved around to get comfortable underneath the covers. she turned around and grabbed my arm, which she put over her waist, signaling me to hold her.

"goodnight, babygirl" i yawned.

"goodnight, daddy. i love you"

i cleared my throat.

"i love you, too"

-m