forty five // m

(a/n hello it's 17 year old mina here,,, can you tell how downhill this book is starting to go??? lmao i h8 myself)

the kitchen was a mess. i never really realized how destructive harry was when he was heartbroken-- and drunk. those are never a good mix. i mean, look where he ended up: in a lethal car crash. at least he was okay now, but i still worried for him. his face was littered with bruises, but they were starting to subside due to their yellowish and blue color. his right arm and legs were in casts that would be taken off in about four weeks from now. since he was unable to get up and walk, i had taken the lovely role of taking care of daddy. i enjoyed ordering food from take out places (because it made me feel like a big girl-- an independent woman) and sitting in bed watching movies with harry as he tried his best to cuddle me. although it was amazing, there are cons to every pro. 

i also had to clean. and bathe him (which was more awkward then you think even though he is my daddy). and help him go to the bathroom? i am too little to handle such responsibility. he knows that i'm trying my best though, which always lifts my spirit. 

well, he was upstairs sleeping while i stood at the kitchen door examining the mess. there were liquor bottles strewn about the tiled floors. cigarettes were stamped into an ashtray and some had been extinguished on the granite counter leaving the ashes in a small pile. i stepped carefully around the broken glass to look on the other side of the counter. there were two empty bottles of a drink called 'grey goose' and on the floor laid a picture of harry and i. it was taken with a polaroid camera he had gotten me (after days of relentless begging... i insisted i needed one to be 'tumblr' but i ran out of film and i can't find anymore in the store so it sits on the bedside table collecting dust). his lips were pressed to my temple as i smiled with my eyes closed. 

he must've been drinking while looking at this... 

i set it onto the counter carefully and tip toed my way over to the door again. i quickly put my hair into a pony tail and put on some music. falling by HAIM began to play from the speakers, but not loud enough to wake harry. i grabbed the broom and began to sweep the glass shards into a small pile. although socks weren't the best protection, it was better than bare feet. when i had put all of the broken shards into a pile, i put it into a dustpan and into the trash can. (A/N wow i am the glass shards gotta zayn) then, i began to pick up all of the empty bottles and put them into the recycle (because daddy told me that recycling was good for the environment). i danced along to the beat of a song called UGH! by a band of some old year. i couldn't really understand what the singer was saying but it was pretty catchy. i put all of the dishes into the big sink and groaned. so. many f.ücking. dishes. i put as many as i could into the dishwasher and then hand washed the rest. after about two and half hours, i finally finished (with a band aid on the palm of my hand-- i had accidentally sliced my hand with a knife). i looked around the kitchen once again, making sure i didn't miss anything. i nodded my head in satisfaction and began to walk upstairs. i tiptoed into the bedroom where harry was sleeping. he was sitting upright with his left arm supporting his head as he watched some tv show about two brothers who fight demons and stuff... it was pretty weird but i secretly thought the character named 'dean' was handsome but i didn't tell daddy that. (A/N lmao i'm a dean girl bye)

"hey there baby girl. what were you doing downstairs?" he asked, his attention turning towards me. 

"oh, i just cleaned up the kitchen. it was a mess." i said while walking towards him. 

"princess, you didn't have to do that. i would've done it after i got all better," he smiled while trying to sit up to give me a kiss. 

"it's fine, daddy. your job is to rest," i kissed him back then sat next to him on the bed.