twenty eight // m

ariebelle pulled my hand towards her seat, insisting that i sat next to her. harry sat on one side of her and i on the other. as we began to eat we all talked about how we've been.

"so, how's your job harry?" anne asked.

"it's good. stressful, but still okay," he chuckled.

"what do you do, marina?" anne asked me. i was too afraid to answer with a pathetic 'absolutely nothing' but i couldn't lie to her either.

"i just work at home," i answered while putting some peas onto my plate.

"you should ask harry to give you a job at his company!" anne suggested. we looked at each other and i knew exactly what we were both thinking.

if we worked together we wouldn't get anything done...

"i'll, uh, think about it," i smiled, closing the conversation.

as the dinner went on, harry, gemma, anne and ariebelle all talked and caught up. i sat there watching them laugh while slowly eating my food. i felt left out, but i understood. i didn't really mind, i mean, mr.styles hasn't seen his family in six years. as the night went on, we had put away the food and i was lying next to harry on the couch as ariebelle sat in his lap playing with her toys.

"daddy! i want to come home with you and mommy tonight!" ariebelle exclaimed. he looked at me, panicked.

"maybe i'll come back next week and then you can stay for a whole week!" he replied. i noticed anne frowning from out of the corner of my eye but i didn't say anything.

"can i sleep with you and mommy?"

"of course, princess," he smiled, kissing her cheek.

// harry's pov //

it was now 10:38 and marina and i were headed home. ariebelle had held onto me so tight, but i promised that she'd be able to come back home with us.

"so, how are you feeling?" i asked.

"she's so cute, but she thought i was brooke. it was quite awkward for me," she replied.

"yeah... she's always been a daddy's girl," i chuckled.

"is that why you like being called daddy?" marina questioned.

is it? maybe i missed having a little girl in my life calling me 'daddy' all the time... but brooke called me daddy... but brooke called me 'daddy' because she didn't have a good father figure...

"uh, i'm not sure. i guess i like the dominance."

"oh," she said, looking out the window.

when we reached home, i opened the garage door and parked the car. marina got out and put her shoes on the shoe rack and went inside the house. as i was pulling off my shoes, i heard her scream from inside.

"WHAT THE F.UCK ARE YOU DOING HERE?" she exclaimed. i immediately ran into the house, not caring that i only had one shoe on. when i reached the living room, i stood next to marina who was raging. my eyes moved to the couch. the room was dark, the only light source was the moon shining in through the window. i still could tell who was occupying the couch.

"brooke, what the hell are you doing here? how the f.uck did you get in here?!" i asked.

"you should lock your windows," she replied, taking another swig of the bottle of vodka that was on the table.

this b.îtch is crazy...

"get the f.ück out of my house," i said sternly, pointing a finger towards the exit.

"where were you guys anyways? it's so late, i've been so bored sitting here... did he take you to that bdsm club yet?" brooke asked, clearly a bit tipsy.

"a what club?" marina asked, looking at me for answers.

"babygirl, it's nothing. now brooke, i went to go see my daughter."

"ah," brooke sighed, "ariebelle. our sweet little ariebelle... how is she?"

"why do you care?" marina said, her tone spiteful.

"marina, c'mon now. i mean, she's still her daughter..." i said, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"yeah, but she thought that i was brooke. ariebelle thought that i was her mother so it's not like she cares or even remembers this b.itch in the first place," she retorted.

"go upstairs. now." i directed. she scoffed and turned to head up the stairs. yes, ariebelle didn't remember brooke but if it wasn't for brooke i wouldn't of had such a beautiful daughter in my life. now we were alone in the dark room, awkward silence filling the space between us.

"harry," brooke whined, "i miss you."

"yes, brooke i know. honestly, i miss you, too. i can't just forget that those four years never happened. because they did. okay? but we're both broken about it. brooke, it took you six f.ücking years to come back. don't you think that's a little late?"

brooke stood up and put her head in her hands. her body began shaking, i could tell she was crying. i still remembered everything she did when she was sad.

"i understand, i f.ücked up. i'm going to be alone for the rest of my life, you know. i can't be rebought." she choked out through her sobs.

"i'm sorry. it just happened that way. i'll talk to marina and maybe you'll be able to visit ariebelle every now and then. i'm just trying to move on. i mean, yeah, you and me got a whole lot of history. but that chapter has been written, and we can't erase it." i said while stepping towards her, pulling her in for a hug.

i felt bad for brooke. here i was with an amazing girl, marina. when brooke was alone. i wasn't sure where she was living but i knew she didn't have a dominate. the only sounds that filled the room was the silent sobs from brooke (which were muffled by my chest) and the bath running from upstairs. (A/N yes, brooke is sobbing into harry's chest i'm having some mercy for this crazy b.itch ok)

"harry," she whispered, looking up at me.

"hm?" i asked, looking down.

"kiss me," she whined.

oh f.ück not this again... it's so tempting... marina is upstairs... she'll never know...

"brooke you know i can't-"

"harry, please." she pleaded.

one more taste of your lips just to bring me back to the places we've been and the nights we've had because if this is it then at least we can end it right...

as i slowly leaned down and connected our lips, i felt something inside of me. except, it wasn't a spark. 

-m