sixteen // m

i couldn't fall asleep. i tried shutting my eyes. i tried to rid my thoughts of the image of mr. styles and the other girl, brooke. i tried to calm myself. i put my hand to my heart, and i could feel it's fast tempo. i could also feel it slowly losing it's desire to function.

"marina?" i heard mr. styles say from the other side of the door.

silence.

"marina, i love you... i can't lose you... not you, too" he cried. he slammed his fist against the door.

wait... too?

i sat up and walked to the door and kneeled down to listen.

"what do y-you mean by 'lose me too'?" i asked.

"brooke. she was my other, girl, if you wanted to call her that. she left me... six years ago... and i can't lose you" he explained.

"then why were you kissing her? you knew it was wrong..." i cried.

"because i missed her! she was my everything! but now you've replaced her. and i don't know what ca-"

"so now i'm just a replacement for your other girl? god, knows who else's heart you're bound to break! how many were there before brooke? how many more after me?"

"i don't want any other after you..." he trailed off. i heard footsteps approaching him.

"where's ariebelle?" brooke asked, obviously crying.

there's another...?

"my mums' place," he replied.

"you left her there with your mother for six years? you let her grow up withou-" she said, her tone rising with every word.

"shh, shh. marina doesn't know about ariebelle..." i heard him whisper to brooke.

how many secrets will it take until my heart can't take it anymore?

"who's ariebelle?" i asked quietly.

"my- our daughter!" brooke said to me, hitting the door.

he has a family...

"BROOKE LEAVE THIS HOUSE RIGHT NOW OR I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL PUSH YOU OUT MYSELF" he screamed at her.

"i th-thought you loved m-me." she sobbed. i heard stomps down the stairs and the front door being slammed shut.

"mari-marina. please. just open the door. please" he pleaded through sobs. i crept away from the door and laid back down on the bed. i couldn't stop the tears. my heart was beating so loud. i cried into the pillow i was clutching tightly. he began to pound the door again. before i knew it, the door came off of it's hinges and harry stood in the doorway looking at me through tear stained eyes.

"baby" he said while running over to me. he tried to put his arms around me, but i wouldn't allow him.

"stop! don't touch me!" i screamed, pushing his arms away from me, but i was too weak for him. he held me in his arms as i sobbed into his chest. i was too weak to try and push him away.

"marina, i love you. please don't leave..." he cried. i still said nothing.

"i thought y-you loved me" i said bitterly through my tears.

"i do. marina, i do. i love you. i love you so much. i can't even explain it in words. i'm sorry i hurt you. i wish i could take it all back. i love you."

silence.

"mari-marina? aren't you going to say it back?" he asked trying to push away the hair that was covering my face.

"no" 

-m