thirty six // m

i was at the point of no returning, it was too late to turn around. i tried to forgive him, but i just didn't know how. we built it up so high and now i'm the one falling and it's a long way down.

we drove in silence as i watched the shops light up the snow that was caked on the sidewalks. small snowflakes stuck to the window before forming into little droplets. i watched multiple water droplets drip down the glass, seeing which one reached the bottom of the window first. (A/N don't tell me you've never done this before because you're lying bye)

"thank you, for letting m-"

"it's fine, marina. y'know, i'm really surprised that you still come to me after everything i did," he said while putting a hand on my thigh.

"you're actually quite nice," i smiled.

"thanks," he replied, his eyes focusing on the road.

when we reached his house, he pulled into the driveway and parked the car. i opened the door and got out, following liam to the door. with my bag in his hand, he unlocked his front door and opened it for me. i took off my shoes and stepped in.

"i'll never get used to how nice your house is," i said while looking around.

"it gets pretty lonely at times, but thanks," he said while walking in behind me.

"are you still tired?" i asked, since when i called him he had just woken up.

"a little bit."

"let's go upstairs, then," i said while turning towards liam. i began to walk up the stairs and then i looked up. so many f.ücking stairs. (A/N payno has a big house with a spiral staircase bye)

"carry me?" i asked while turning around.

"alright," he laughed.

he picked me up from underneath my arms and i wrapped my legs around him. i rested my head on his shoulder and put my arms around him. when we got to his room, he collapsed onto the bed with me still in his arms.

// liam's pov //

with her underneath me, she looked so beautiful. right now, she was so vulnerable, and i didn't want to take advantage of her again. my necklace hung down as i looked into her eyes. her arms unlatched from my neck and slowly snaked down to cup my face. then, she used one of her fingers to hook on the chain of my necklace and pull my face towards hers. marina's lips met mine, a beautiful encounter. when her arms went around my neck again, i didn't pull away. her lips were intoxicating. her hands travelled down my torso and to the hem of my shirt. she slightly tugged up at the hem, signaling me to take off my shirt. i sat up and pulled the shirt over my head before throwing it to the ground and dipping back down, attaching my lips to her neck. i lightly pressed kisses to her neck, her breathing becoming erratic.

"liam. more," she begged. i pushed her shirt up and she raised her arms up, allowing me to pull it all the way off. she unlatched the back of her bra, as i kissed her collarbones, sucking lightly at the sensitive skin. i circled her n.îpple with my tongue slowly, earning a small møan from her. her hips grinded against my lower half, making me want her even more.

"c'mon love, let's get these off, yeah?" i smirked while tugging at the waistband of her pants. i stood up and hooked my fingers in the waistband of her pants (and pånties) dragging them down. (A/N dONT)

// harry's pov //

work was stressful. i was trying to file paperwork, answer calls and deal with whiny people- all with the thought of marina at the back of my mind. i put everything down and rubbed the bridge of my nose, trying to calm myself down. i decided that i'd just give my work to veronica, she'd do it. i stood up and grabbed two stuffed folders and walked out of my office over to veronica's. i knocked on the door.

"come in!" i heard her call. i opened the door and gave her a small smile.

"hi, veronica!" i smiled enthusiastically.

"what do you need, mr.styles?" she asked, looking up at me from her computer screen.

"can you, uh, file these? please? i've got so much and-"

"of course!" she exclaimed while getting up from her computer chair and taking them from me.

"thank you so much," i sighed before giving her smile and walking out of her office and back into mine. i slumped into my seat and decided to check on marina. i went to my phone and checked the cameras.

where is she...? she must be in the bathroom...

i left my phone on and put it on the side of my desk as i turned back to my computer. since i had less work, thanks to veronica, i took my time to file the rest of my work. fifteen minutes passed by and i checked my phone again. she was nowhere to be seen. i called the house phone and it automatically went to voicemail.

"what the f.ück?" i whispered to myself.

what if she left? what if she's not at home... what if she's with liam? what if she hurt herself? i should go check on her... dåmmit i should've brought her to work with me...

i turned off my computer and closed up my office. when i stepped out of my office, veronica was at the printer.

"leaving so soon, mr.styles?" she asked.

"yeah, my little girl needs me," i explained.

"of course, just dump all of your work on me and leave," she mumbled underneath her breath, but i still heard. i pretended i didn't hear her spiteful remark and walked towards the elevators. when i reached my car, i sped home- eager to get to marina. when i walked up to the front door, it was already unlocked.

i must've forgotten to lock it... i swore i locked it... 

"princess!" i called out. my voice echoed through the house, and i received no response. i walked up the stairs and checked every room- no sign of marina. i walked into the closet, and my duffel bag was missing. marina's side of the closet was bare.

she left...

i knew she wouldn't come back this time, it was the last straw for her. i took my suit off and threw on one of my tee shirts. i dragged myself to the bed and curled up underneath the covers. that's when the tears came.

you f.ücked up so bad...  i'm just so sick of tears, so done wishing that you were here... it your fault she's gone... it your fault that you're hurting... it's all your fault...

i gripped marina's pillow in my arms, wishing that it was actually her with me. i wished that i had never met brooke. circles. we were going in circles, and dizzy is all it made us. we both knew where it took us. i needed to wake up or else we'd end up playing all of the same old games, but i just kept making all of the same mistakes. 

-m