fifteen // h

"brooke, why are you here so late? or, for that matter, why are you here?" i asked in disbelief. her brown hair was just as i remembered it, but her eyes had lost their spark- their light. she was wearing a pair of leggings with a big sweater. my sweater. brooke was taller, so the sweater wasn't as long as it was before. she smiled at me, the familiar smile that once made me weak in my knees.

"i miss you. i want you. i want you back. please," she pleaded while stepping in through the door, flying her arms around me.

"no. no, this isn't right. you left me. why all of a sudden?" i said while pushing her off of me.

"i know, i know. i'm so sorry. it's been like, six years, and i regret it all and i-" she began, but i cut her off.

"no. i don't love you anymore, i love marina." i said darkly, trying to push her out of my house.

"marina?" she said as tears began to well up in her eyes.

"yes, marina. she's perfect. she also, won't leave me. she loves me." i said as brooke fought against my hands.

"but don't you still love me?" she exclaimed with hurt in her voice.

i do, but i don't... i always have... but marina...

"i-i don't know" i said while shoving her harshly away from me.

"do you love me?" she asked while walking over to me, wrapping her arms around my torso, and leaning her head against my chest.

"I DON'T F.UCKING KNOW RIGHT NOW, BROOKE" i yelled, pushing her away from me.

"daddy, please!" she said, walking towards me once again.

"don't call me that... you left me... you left me hurt, do-don't do that again, brooke." i cried as she timidly brushed her fingers along my jawline. tears began to sprout in my eyes. she brought her face closer to mine.

"i can fix it" she said, her face centimeters from mine.

then, our lips were against each other. i felt as if my heart were to burst. i felt whole again. her kiss was nothing like the ones i had shared with marina, but it was different. soon, our mouths were moving in a rhythm, my arms were tight around her. she broke away from the kiss.

"i missed you so much, daddy" she said before kissing me again.

this is so wrong...

the kiss got heated... fast. my hands roamed to her bum, squeezing it lightly, making her m.øan.

"jump" i said. brooke jumped up and wrapped her legs around me. i pushed her back up against the wall. her hands were tangled in my hair, deepening our kiss. i heard a little voice from the stairwell.

// marina's pov //

i woke up to use the bathroom. i slowly opened my eyes, and noticed harry was gone. the bedroom door was open and some light from downstairs was showing.

must be hungry... tsk, tsk... daddy and his midnight snacks...

i sat up and swung my legs over the bed, rubbing my eyes. i went to the bathroom, sat on the toilet and did my business. groggily, i got up and went to go wash my hands before i heard mr. styles yell from downstairs.

"I DON'T F.UCKING KNOW RIGHT NOW, BROOKE." he yelled.

brooke? he must be on the phone with a stubborn client... i've already told him numerous times to not cuss at his clients... daddy's gonna lose a lot of customers if he keeps doing that... oh well...

i crawled back into bed and pulled the sheet over me. i closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep. but i couldn't. that was when i heard a m.øan.

what? i-it can't...

i walked down the hall to the stairs. i looked down the stairwell and there he was...

no. but... he loves me...

he was kissing another girl, like how he kissed me. he was holding her like how he held me.

"da-daddy?" i said. mr. styles put the girl down and started to come up the stairs. i ran back to the bedroom and locked the door. i slid down the wall and put my head in my hands.

he was lying... he doesn't love you... you were right... you're ugly, you're only here for his pléasure... look, he just took your vîrginity. your last piece of your old self, and look what he's done...

the doorknob jiggled, but didn't turn. he began banging on the door.

"marina! open the door! please. i'll tell you, i can explain... please just o-open the door. babygirl p-"

"don't call me that!" i shouted back.

"marina... please" he said through sobs. his fists became weak as they pounded the door. the slams becoming softer and softer, his cries getting louder for me to open the door.

i cried. i cried because i was hurt. i cried because i realized he never loved me. i cried because i was just an object to him, and i allowed him to trick me into thinking he loved me. i got up from the floor and went to the bed. i hugged a pillow tight and buried my head into it, stifling my sobs.

"marina... i love y-" he began to say through sobs.

"no you don't!" i screamed at him.

"please don't... i'm sorry..." he said weakly.

i didn't answer him. 

-m