thirty nine // m

we had just finished dinner at liam's restaurant and we were on our way to a carnival that liam was talking about. my hand was intertwined with liam's while he used his left hand to steer. all of a sudden, his phone started ringing.

"can you check that, please?" he asked. i picked it up from the little compartment below the radio and looked at the screen.

incoming call: harry styles

"i-i don't want to answer it..." i stammered while putting the phone back down.

"is it...?" he asked and i nodded my head, already knowing who he was talking about.

"i'm just, i don't know, hurt. i'm done being hurt by him."

"it's alright, love. you've got me," liam smiled while intertwining his fingers in mine once again before pressing a quick kiss to the back of my hand. i smiled back, but my mind was now thinking about harry.

i wonder what he wanted to tell me... he probably wanted to tell me that he loves me and he wants me to come home... but i wonder if he's okay... he's probably getting drunk, crying, an-

"marina? you okay, babe?" liam asked, cutting me off from my thoughts.

"yeah. yeah i'm good," i replied, snapping back to reality.

"you went quiet. you thinkin' about harry?" he asked. i'm sure he already knew the answer.

"yeah. just a little bit," i sighed. liam traced little circles with his thumb on the back of my hand.

"check if he left a voicemail,"

"okay," i said while picking up the phone with my free hand.

'one voice message from: harry styles'

"is there a message?" liam asked, not taking his eyes off the road.

"yeah, can i listen to it?" i asked.

"go ahead," he smiled. i pressed the phone to my ear as the message began to play.

harry's raspy voice began, "marina, please. come back. i f.ücked up so bad. oh god, my head hurts. my heart hurts. everything f.ücking hurts."

well how do you think i feel...

"it's my fault, but you didn't have to f.ücking leave! you didn't have to go running into his arms. i would've fixed everything! MARINA! WHY'D YOU F.UCKING LEAVE? YOU'RE SUCH A F.UCKING BITCH!" he screamed into the phone.

i gasped and turned the phone off before i could hear anymore. i placed liam's phone back down and sat back in my seat. i looked down at my lap as harry's words echoed through my head. first, he cheated on me. then, he cheated on me again. and then he has the audacity to call me a b.îtch? ouch.

"what did he say?" liam asked, concerned.

"nothing," i mumbled with my head still down.

"babe, c'mon tell me. you look worried."

"he called me a b.îtch," i sighed.

"he what?" liam said in shock. (A/N cue the 'you wot m8' comments lol ly bye)

"yeah. because i left. that's why he said that an-"

"that's not f.ucking right! what the f.uck is wrong with him? he hurt you. if anything, he's the b.îtch. alright, love? don't get too upset about it, i don't want it to ruin tonight."

"sorry," i apologized, giving a weak smile.

"it's not your fault," he reassured me while turning into a parking lot. (A/N i bet you saw this coming oh well gotta blast)