twenty seven // h

i walked up the stairs timidly. i wasn't sure what kind of reaction i would get. would she be furious at me for leaving her and never coming back until six years later? would she be delighted to see me? i guess i was about to find out. i knew which room was hers - it was my old room. i opened the door and saw her sleeping on her bed. it was pink with little white frills on the end. she had a simple room. some play makeup was strown about her small vanity and some toys were laying on the ground. the bed was my bed- just with different sheets. she looked so cute. her brown hair was all over her pillow, she was curled up next to a pillow. i laid down next to her, trying not to wake her. i put my arm around her and kissed the top of her head. she moved a little bit and turned around to see who was holding her.

"DADDY!" she screamed, immediately. she flung her arms around my neck, squeezing me tight.

"i missed you, angel." i said, squeezing her tight as well.

"i can't believe you're here! my room is a mess, daddy. look look! i have to show you stuffs!" she said while jumping up and pulling out a bin full of books and papers from underneath her bed. i turned around, smiling. i saw small resemblances of brooke in her. her hair was wavy like hers, and her nose was small just like brooke. ariebelle was wearing a white shirt with two elephants on it and some black leggings. i assumed gemma dressed her because i knew gem loved elephants.

"daddy okay look! so two days ago at school my teacher, mrs.edwards, made us draw our family and so i drew grandma anne, auntie gem! then i drew the cat, cupcake. and then look! you and mom are in the cloud. because i thought you guys died or something." she explained.

"belle, i'm sorry i never came 'round until now." i said, kissing her cheek.

"it's okay daddy. i missed you bunches. and all my friends had fun on father's day and then they would ask me 'why aren't you celebrating?' and then i would have to tell them that my dad didn't want me anymore and they would laugh at me and it would really suck!" she cried.

you're a horrible father...

"i'm sorry, angel. never again!" i said, smiling.

"why? am i coming home with you?" she asked, her eyes lighting up.

"i don't know... i might have to talk to-"

"mom? is mommy here?" ariebelle asked.

"no, i'm sorry angel."

"oh, that's okay!" she smiled while continuing to show me her school drawings and such. i learned that she was a very avid artist and she loved to play mancala. what a strange girl...

i heard a knock on the door and looked up.

"babe, come join us," i smiled.

"mom!" ariebelle jumped up and into marina's arms.

shît...

"i missed you mom." ariebelle cried, burying her face in marina's neck. she gave me a panicked facial expression and i widened my eyes. i knew we both were thinking the same thing.

"i, uh," she looked at me with one of her eyebrows raised, "missed you, too."

"daddy and i are just reading! look look! here's stuff from my school!" she jumped up and down while pulling her arm towards where we were sitting. she sat down next to me and i could tell that she was visibly tense.

ariebelle sat there explaining and showing us all of her amazing projects. they usually consisted of some type of drawing with messy coloring but it was still cute.

"harry! food is ready!" i heard my mum call from downstairs.

"baby, we should go downstairs now. you can show me more later," i smiled while standing up and picking her up. she wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me cheek.

"i love you daddy!" she exclaimed, making my heart flip.

i never realized how much i missed ariebelle... 

-m