twenty one // h

shît...shitshitshitshit!

"marina! baby! i'm sorry! i-i got carried away... here, c'mere..." i cried and tried to scoop her up into my arms.

"don't f.ücking touch me!" she screamed, pushing away my hands.

"babygirl, c'mon. lemme help... please." i pleaded.

"no... just, don't touch me. i don't want to look at you... just leave m-me alone" she cried. marina wearily stood up, using the table as a crutch. she winced, but eventually stood up and limped to the bathroom. when she got into the bathroom she locked the door and that was all.

why do i always hurt the ones i love? you're a fück up! you haven't done anything right your whole life! you deserved what marina did, but she didn't deserve what you did to her...

i heard a clang from inside the bathroom. i ran to the door and knocked lightly.

"princess, you o-okay?" i asked quietly.

"mhm" she grunted. i walked away from the door and threw myself onto the bed. i curled up underneath the blankets and cried. i cried because i was hurt. i cried because i hurt. i cried because i knew i destroyed marina. i could barely breathe through my nose, due to all of the tears that soaked my pillow. eventually, the hum of the shower and the tears pulled me into sleep.

// marina's pov //

i can't even take a fucking shower... it hurts... f,ück... i thought he wouldn't hurt me like that... maybe i took it too far... but he also took it too far... i should just leave... i could live with my parents, i miss them dearly... or maybe liam would take me in? no, no, no... not liam. well, maybe... or i could just live in the woods... or maybe i'll just turn myself in or report harry... wait, i'll just go to liam yes, that's it... i'm quite far, but i could catch a bus... but then i would be caught by the police. i guess i'll ask liam... i don't care what he did to me, it wasn't as bad as what harry did to me...

i turned off the shower and grabbed a towel. i dried myself off, careful of my b.üm. i opened the door quietly and let the bathroom lights spill into the dark bedroom.

"harry?" i whispered. no response.

he's sleeping... good.

i tip toed to the closet and grabbed a long sleeved shirt and a pair of jeans and some undergarments. i slipped on my panties and pants carefully, but thankfully the stinging began to subside. i grabbed one of harry's big sweaters and put that over my shirt - it was f.ücking cold. i put my damp hair into a bun and grabbed one of harry's old duffel bags from the corner of the closet. i stuffed some clothes into it and carefully zipped it up trying not to make much noise. i swung it over my shoulder and put on some socks. i quietly walked out of the room and shut the door. i walked down the stairs and grabbed the phone. i looked through the contacts before i found the one i wanted: liam payne. he was my last resort. i didn't know anywhere else to go.

riiing. riiing. rii-

"god, it's like 3 am what the fuck do you want, mate? i thought you said you weren't ever to speak t-" he groaned.

"liam! it's me - marina. come pick me up. i don't want to be here anymore. please" i pleaded in a whisper.

"okay, love. i'll be there in a bit. this is some risky s.hît you're doing. against the law, ain't it?"

"yes, c'mon hurry up!"

"see you in a bit. bye, love"

"bye, thank you" i sighed, then the call ended. i went to the kitchen and grabbed a scrap piece of paper and a pen.

i'm sorry. goodbye.

i signed it with a heart and a simple 'm.' i admit, it was a shîtty way to say goodbye, but at least it was something. i grabbed a pair of sneakers from the front and made my way to the back door. i slid the door open and it opened without a sound. i went outside and the cold air breezed by. the city sounds filled my ears. the city was still alive and well - at three am. i sat on the front porch, waiting for liam's car to pull up. i played with the sweater sleeves nervously and tapped my toes to the beat of my heart. i finally saw a dark navy blue car pull up. the window rolled down.

"i'm here for a girl, marina?" liam smirked.

"never in my life have i ever been excited to see you" i sighed and got into the car. i sat down slowly, trying to ease the pain of my numb backside.

"marina, i just wanted to say i'm sorry. you're very beautiful and i guess i couldn't help myse-" he began, but i cut him off.

oh, please...

"tell me later, just take me to your place of somewhere. i don't care i don't want to be here anymore" i said sternly. he hit the gas, and we sped away. i wanted to turn the car around, but i couldn't. i stared out the window and put my chin in my hands. 

"you alright, love?" liam asked. 

"no, not really..." 

-m