twenty two // m

liam pulled into his driveway and turned off the car. the whole car ride there was silent except for my small cries. i wiped my eyes and opened the car door. i gathered my things and tried to compose myself. when i got out, i walked to the front door and waited for liam to come and unlock it. i just wanted to sleep and forget about everything.

"hold on. why am i doing this for you again? i'm basically homing a fugitive, which is illegal as i said befo-" liam rambled as he approached.

"because! harry did something..." i began to cry... again.

"which is?" liam questioned while making a hand motion telling me to continue.

"unlock the f.ücking door and maybe i'll tell you!" i yelled at him.

"okay, before you step foot into my house, i'd like to let you know that now you're under my rules." he said while pushing the key into the lock, then turning. he opened the door and turned on the lights. i took off my shoes stepped in.

"you have a nice house..." i murmured in awe. liam's house was a little nicer than harry's. he had a double stairway and a huge living space- not to mention the crystal chandelier that hung over my head.

"thanks." he said while hooking his keys on a hook near the door, then taking his jacket off and putting that on a hook as well.

"are you going to bed?" i asked, standing there awkwardly. i wasn't sure where i was sleeping.

"wait, wait. explain to me. everything. i could get arrested for this." liam demanded. i sighed, turned around and pulled down my pants. "oh s.hît, he really went all-out, didn't he?" he said while wincing.

"yeah. and he called me dirty names and i just," i paused, tears sprang to my eyes, "i don't want to be there anymore. i didn't know where else to turn." i cried. liam walked over to me and put his arms around me. he kissed the top of my head as i sobbed into his shirt. his arms felt stronger around me, but it wasn't my daddy.

"you can sleep with me tonight, or you can sleep wherever." he said while rubbing circles on my back.

"you. please." i answered. i didn't like sleeping alone.

"okay, let's go upstairs then." he said while taking my bag for me and turning towards the stairs.

"wait! won't your kitten get mad?" i asked, not moving from my spot.

"kitten? is that what harry calls you?" he laughed. "marina, i don't have a kitten." he explained, continuing up the stairs.

"oh," i mumbled underneath my breath. i ran up the stairs to catch up and walked behind him. his bedroom was very big. it was three times bigger than daddy's. he handed me my bag and i got out my sleeping clothes from it. one of daddy's big t shirts and some thigh high socks.

"don't be shy. i've already seen you naked," liam said while lying on the bed, his hands behind his head. i blushed and took off my clothes and putting on the new ones. i tiptoed over to the bed and climbed in next to liam.

"thank you, mr.payne." i whispered while lying my head on his chest.

"i'm sorry, marina." he sighed.

"it's fine. it's nothing anymore. you're kinda rough." i mumbled.

"goodnight, kitten." he chuckled, mocking the name harry gave me. he put an arm around me, bringing me closer.

"night, liam." 

-m