thirteen // h

(A/N  i wrote this when i was in eighth grade and transitioning into freshman year good f.ucking bye this sucks)

when i woke up, the sun was just starting to slowly rise.

"harry, move." marina groaned.

"no. i wanna cuddle all day," i whined. i didn't want to sit in this big bed alone on such a sad anniversary that marina had no clue about.

"babe, please? i need to pee." she said, trying to escape my arms. i smirked at her. "what's the smirk for daddy?" she asked.

"you called me babe. i like it," i said, smiling.

"well, babe, i would like it if you let me pee." she joked. i slowly took my arms away from marinas body and sat up. she got up and went into the bathroom and closed the door. i looked around the dim room with squinted eyes. i rubbed my eyes and swung my legs over the bed carefully. i pulled on my sweatpants that were laying on the ground and opened the bedroom door.

she left you. six years ago you lost everything...

i went downstairs and went into the kitchen. i turned on the light, and it stung my eyes. i held my hands to my eyes until they adjusted to the blinding light. i went to the key drawer and grabbed the special key. i went back upstairs and went to the opposite end of the hall. i looked back and saw the bedroom door still open. i creeped to the door and checked if marina was done. the lights were still on in the bathroom. i shrugged it off and went back to the door. i pushed the key into the lock and opened the big white doors. the lights immediately went on and illuminated the contents of the room. the big bed with a red velvet cover, the wooden whips, etc... i walked over to the bed and opened the dresser drawer. inside, a letter. i picked it up and began to read it.

hi daddy! i miss you. i wish you were with me. i want you here at home. grandma anne wants you home, too. i miss mommy a lot, too. grandma said that you guys were fighting. auntie gemma says that you went to go sleep over somewhere. she says that you'll be home soon, but it's been a long time already. i hope you're having a fun sleepover with you friends. is niall there? tell uncle niall i said hello! so, i'll tell you how it's been at home. grandma has been very sad. she seems stressed. auntie gemma has been drinking a lot because she fights with grandma a lot. i want you back. please daddy. i want you home again. i want mommy back too. i want her here. i want our family to be together again. you can have other sleepovers later. come home soon! i love you daddy! i miss you.

i love you (again),

ariebelle

tears streamed down my face. i gripped the letter so tightly, the pages crinkled. the tears dripped onto the paper, blurring the blue lines that ariebelle's messy handwriting was written on.

i am so sorry ariebelle... please forgive me...

i threw the letter aside, the papers scattering onto the floor. i stood up. rage filled me.

you can't repeat your wrongs! you can't let marina leave you! you just can't! you can't let her go. she loves you...

i walked over to the wall that was lined with wooden rods and smashed every one of them. i hit them against the bed frame. wooden splinters scattered all around me.

you're putting your past behind you... you have marina now... put the past behind you... you can't hurt her... you have to change...

my arms were weak. i walked over to the bed and put my head in my hands. i heard a knock at the door.