twenty six // m

// one week later //

it had been a while since the whole 'incident' had happened. everything blew over, and harry and i were back to normal. we didn't really talk about it, it hurt to bring it up for both of us. today, we were going to go see his family. i was nervous, i wasn't sure how to act. what if ariebelle didn't like me? what if once she saw me she would say something like: why did you replace my REAL mom? i don't like this mom!

it broke my heart to think of something like that.

right now, i was sat on a stool in the kitchen, waiting for daddy. i was wearing some black leggings and a maroon knit sweater. it was about to be winter and i didn't want to look too dressed up, but i paired the outfit with a gold necklace. i wasn't wearing too much makeup, but just enough to look presentable. i was eating some oreos, which was probably a bad choice since i would have to brush my teeth again but it was the only thing that sounded appetizing. daddy had a weird diet that consisted of exotic fruits and weird breads.

"princess! are you ready?" harry called from the top of the stairs. i got up and exited the kitchen doors. i saw mr.styles, he was buttoning his shirt.

"i'm ready!" i replied.

"okay, put your shoes on, babygirl." he said while turning back towards the bedroom. i slipped on some black boots. i went to the kitchen and put away the oreos, trying to rid the evidence.

"let's go, angel." he said while entering the kitchen. he pressed his lips against mine, his hands immediately going to my waist. "you taste like oreos, baby."

"you eat weird food, i eat normal food," i replied, throwing away the plastic wrapper.

we walked out into the car and started our drive to harry's mum's place. i wasn't exactly sure where this place was, so i didn't know if we were going to be in the car for a long time.

"what if she doesn't like me?" i asked mr.styles.

"i'm gonna be honest, baby. i'm not sure if she even likes me so we'll just have to wait and see."

"what am i supposed to say? what if your mum doesn't like me? what if she thinks i'm too young?" i rambled.

harry looked at me in shock. we had never really discussed our age differences before. it wasn't something we could change, so we never brought it up as a serious topic. i didn't mind it, and neither did harry. but maybe his mum would have opinions otherwise.

"what if your parents don't like me? what if your dad is really me-"

"i don't have a dad." he replied, cutting me off with an expressionless tone. i immediately felt bad and put my hand over harry's that sat on the stick shift. the car ride was awkward and nerve wracking. harry hadn't seen his family in about six years and i had never met any of them so both of our hearts were bound to combust.

"daddy, i'm nervous." i whined, again.

"we're almost there, baby girl. you'll be fine." he assured me, making a quick glance at me. i sat up a little bit and continued to contemplate all of the possibilities of what his family would say to me and how i would respond.

we pulled into a driveway of a nice, simple house. it had a red door, and was shaped like the house in the movie UP. it was a taupe color that made the door's color vibrant. harry turned off the car and let out a sigh. we both stared at the house for a few seconds before looking at each other, nervous.

"daddy, she's not going to like me." i blurted out. he held my face in his hands lightly and kissed me.

"don't worry, baby. she's... i think ten, now. and she'll have to accept you whether she likes you or not. and my mum? she will adore you. honestly, she didn't like brooke." he reassured me.