seventeen // h

"i do. marina, i do. i love you. i love you so much. i can't even explain it in words. i'm sorry i hurt you. i wish i could take it all back. i love you." i said. i held her face, trying to make her turn towards me, but she wouldn't budge. her chest pumped in rapid breaths.

i fucked up... dear jesus, if you hear this just please let marina give me one more chance. please. i love her. please don't let her leave...

"mari-marina? aren't you going to say it back?" i asked, trying to get her to look at me.

"no" she said bitterly.

i'm sorry. i'm so sorry... 

"a-are you going t-to leav-leave me?" i stuttered through my choked sobs. i couldn't get a word out without choking.

"what do you expect?" she spat.

"marina, that's illegal." i said while trying to hold onto her tightly.

"well, then i'll kill myself... i can't stay here." she said while escaping my grasp and standing up.

"princess, you're overreacting..."

"no i'm not! what if you saw me pushed up against a wall kissing another man?" she cried. i was speechless. "in fact, it did happen!" she said spitefully. i could see it burning red in her eyes: she was hurt. so hurt. and it was because of me...

"wha-what do you mean?" i whispered while looking up at her. (A/N ok ik this is serious but i thought of bieber bye)

"remember when we went to that restaurant? yeah, well your 'friend' liam, he pushed me up against the bathroom wall and kissed me.." she spat at me.

what the hell? is that why she was crying? i'm going to kill that bastard...

i stood up. i grabbed her face. and i kissed her. i stayed like that. every muscle in my body relaxed. her arms wrapped around me. i let go of her face and put my arms around her, holding her close.

"daddy, no." she said while pulling away trying to pull my arms off of her.

"i'm so sorry, princess... it might take you a while to forgive me, but just one more chance. i'll tell you everything about brooke and ariebelle. i'll tell you everything, anything. just please don't leave me. don't let me go, i'm tired of sleeping alone..." i cried into her shoulder.

"i must be mad for staying... no, i can't" she huffed.

"marina..." i pleaded. she nodded her head after a couple of seconds and i carried her to the bed and we sat on opposite sides of each other.

"okay, i'm about to tell you everything. please don't get mad. this was my past, okay? you're my future" i explained. she nodded.

oh f.ück, okay...

"brooke was a special one. she was my first girl. i bought her on august third, and i remember thinking 'she's the one. it isn't gonna get any better than this.' so about two years later, she got pregnant. it wasn't exactly planned. i got mad at her because she purposely stopped taking her birth control; and marina, don't ever do that or i swear to god... anyways, we had been fighting a lot, and she threatened to leave. when she got pregnant, we figured it would actually bring us closer. so when she had the baby, we named her ariebelle. we got a little bit better, but one night she came home really late. she claimed to be at my mums' place, but i really knew where she was. she was at this guy's place, f.ücking him... sure, it was against the law, but i know brooke. i know brooke very well. she likes to rebel against things, i punished her the most... but anyways, she left me, with ariebelle. i would bring her to my mums' place every now and then. i began to drink and do drugs. when ariebelle was at my place she would hear me screaming, being destructive... and my little girl would walk into the smoke filled room and say 'daddy? when's mommy coming back? why does the room smell funny? please stop doing that, it hurts my heart...' and it would break me down. i would cry and tell her that she would see mommy soon, and that i would fix her heart. one night, i went out drinking, totally forgetting that she was sound asleep in her room. i came home, with some girl i had picked up from the downtown bar. i picked her up just for the night, and the next day i intended to send her back. but in the middle of, you know, doing 'stuff' she walked in. and i can't ever forgive myself for that. i remember hearing her little voice. she said 'daddy? that isn't mommy...' she sounded so scared. she ran out of the room. and i remember telling the girl to get out of my house. i dressed myself and went to ariebelles room, and there she was, crying. 'why can't we have mommy back? why did you have to make her leave? why did you have to make her cry?' she cried. i remember her telling me to stop drinking. i remember her coughing when she was in the room with me while i would smoke. i couldn't see her grow up like that. so i brought her to my mums' house, and i never went back to pick my little girl up. i'm afraid that if i do, she won't like you, and she's well over her little days. my mother hates me, because i just dumped ariebelle on her. i don't even know who my father is. but brooke and ariebelle. they were the light in the darkness of my life. and when i was finally able to see, i took my light for granted. marina, you are my light. i'm so sorry. but please don't leave me in the dark, again"

she sat there looking down at her hands in silence. i looked at her through teary eyes, wanting her to say something. i twirled my thumbs nervously. she finally spoke.

"i'm not sure what to say..." she whispered.

"you don't have to say a-anything right now. let's just go to sleep, it's been a, uh, long night," i choked out.

"i'm gonna go sleep in that other room" she said while getting up.

"no!" i said loudly, holding her back. she looked at me stunned, "i, uh, no just sleep here. we don't have to, uhm, cuddle if you don't, uhm, want to" i said.

"mhm" she yawned. she got into the bed and faced away from me.

"goodnight, princess"

silence.

"marina, don't leave me heartbroken" i cried.

"daddy, you need a heart to be heartbroken" 

-m