The Alluring Girl and An Emerson

Greyson Blackstone

"DON'T DISAPPOINT ME GREYSON." He tells me, again. "I've held a tight leash over you when it came to events like this and since I am unable to go I'm entrusting you with not embarrassing our family."

I stay silent, sharing nothing but eye contact with the cold bastard I refer to as my father. The man I share nothing but blood with, nothing more and nothing less.

"If I so happen to hear you did something, expect consequences." It humored me how much he scowled when I'm around, I wonder if I hang around him all the time if that will become permanent. He'd look like a real life Scrooge just worse. "Andrew Emerson is expected to introduce Sage as his Granddaughter, I want you to associate with her but not to much that it causes suspicion. She is afterall seventeen, if the biggest flirt of the Blackstone family was caught hanging around with a girl of that age it would cause speculations we don't need."

Tonight is the event Mr. Emerson is hosting to introduce Sage as his Granddaughter, to start her up to becoming one of the successors of the Emerson name. That's what it is in theory. Andrew Emerson will hand everything Emerson to a stranger before handing it to a women. The only reason he's hosting this event is to introduce Sage to potential male mates.

Of course it's already decided that I would be the one to marry her, that is something people don't know yet. And won't until she of course is of legal age to marry a man like me. My Father isn't wrong when he says it would be bad for me to act comfortably with her since I am known around our cliques and family as a manwhore.

"Even though I'm not worried because even you aren't stupid enough to reveal your engagement to Miss Slade, make sure no one suspects it." His head rises. "Understood?"

I nod. "Understood."

→←

Typical for Sage to be late on the most important day of her life, unfortunately I cannot go to her house and personally pick her up. We are not to arrive at the event together, I'm almost worried how she'll function at such a place without me in the beginning. Maybe Andrew is planning on escorting her, either way she's not going to do it alone.

Why am I even worried

If she messes up and ruins her image it does nothing to me, no one knows that we were even arranged to be married. Sage messing up will not affect me, if anything it'll most likely free me from this idiotic engagement.

Though I am interested to see how she'll act, it's something I admit I'm looking forward to.

"We have arrived Mr. Blackstone." Walter informs me, his eyes meet mine through the rear mirror. I look out the window and see hordes of people walking into the Emerson hotel. People of the highest social status and wealth from celebrities to doctors to lawyers to politicians were all walking inside. This is the first affair my Father has allowed me to attend and in order to stay on his good side I'll have to use my deceitful charm and tainted words to these people.

It's exhausting to spend hours smiling and laughing and not showing my true colors. To hide who I am because my family would throw a tantrum at me if I didn't is tiresome. Since I'm in a hotel I might as well use that and my fake charm to get something or someone out of this. It's not like I've got anything else to do and Sage isn't my problem tonight. She's Andrew's.

I nod my head. "Thank you Walter, don't expect a call from me until morning, I plan on staying tonight." I inform him so he doesn't have to wait all night for a call from me that won't come, I'm not horrible enough to leave a man as good as Walter in such a position. Even if he's paid to be around me all the time, I don't find him annoying and enjoy our small talks even when I was a child.