The Girl In My Mind and The Christmas Eve Plans

Greyson

FOR AS LONG AS I COULD REMEMBER, women would pull out every card in their deck to try and achieve the impossible with me. The romance, the ring, the family—happiness.

Then Sage Slade appears in my life. A normal high school girl who is forced into an arranged marriage just to protect the only family she has. Clearly suffering everyday being around me but continuously fights through it for her father.

And ultimately falls in love with the opposite of what she wants.

Me

Weird part is, she won't fight for me, she won't use all her strength in hopes of getting me to change. Even if it hurts, she'd rather ignore her feelings and distract herself than try. Sage doesn't want to change who she is for a man who doesn't deserve it, because the one who will be lucky isn't her. It would be whoever she'd chose. And that guy was...

Me

No one I've ever met, the opposite sex at least, has ever placed their value above a Blackstone. My Mother endured my Father's infidelity for her remaining years because she loved him. Hanna deals with Hamilton everyday and he's complete scum to her. Dawn married some wealthy European to please my Father, luckily she does love him, but imagine if she hadn't. Marrying someone to please your Father, the very thing I'm doing, and at what cost.

The broken heart of an innocent girl?

"Wow, you were more aggressive than usual, you okay?" Brynn walks out of the Bathroom. "I mean I can barely walk, Greyson." She laughs lightly.

I rub my face and sigh. "I'm fine."

"Well clearly not, because you're still here and I've cleaned up." Brynn jokes. "I'm not complaining just this is the second time you've done this and I'm starting to worry whether or not you're developing feelings for me."

I scoff. "Impossible. I just don't want to go home and I'd rather not drive to some hotel and be bombarded with the fucking press."

"Ah, privacy is hard to acquire, but being in a super models house isn't really playing it smart." She giggles. "If someone saw you the press will definitely be here, sir. The Black Sheep of Blackstone and sexy super model. It'd be a pretty swanky cover, would it not?"

Brynn always jokes around, her easy-going personality is the reason I don't mind being around her so much, carefree as everything should with sex.

I closed my eyes and fell back.

"You've been stressed haven't you? I see a few grey hairs, but it's nothing bad, the salt and pepper look is very sexy." She falls back too. "The towers are difficult to manage, huh?"

"The only thing difficult about the towers is that it's my Father's favorite place on Earth, I do one fuck up and it's over for me." I pinch the bridge of my nose. "Then Hamilton will have the satisfaction of seeing my failure."

"Ah yes your brother, I've had the pleasure of meeting him when I did Fashion Week in Paris, he's quiet the...charmer." She says and I hear the sound of a lighter being flicked.

I open my eyes to see a cigarette in her mouth. "I partially blame you, you know."

"What?" She snaps her attention back to me. "My fault!?"

I chuckle. "If you weren't traveling everywhere all the time and staying in New York for short amounts of time I wouldn't have to deal with women who want serious relationships after sex."

"Yeah sucks for you, I never have a hard time when it comes to one night stands, I'm just a model with a nice rack." She grins, blowing out the smoke through her lips. "And you already know these short visits are to keep us from becoming a relationship. Which is what you want, unless, you want to finally ask me out and become something serious."