Steps to Forgiveness

Sage

"I can't say your timing is the best, here." Greyson rubs the back of his neck.

I'm not sure why he answered the door shirtless but it definitely wasn't warranted. I came here to check on him and Scarlett, and to fix things. Instead I want him to finish what he started that time he barged into my bedroom.

Snap out of it Sage, the mother of his child is dead and they're in mourning. This isn't the time to be daydreaming about things like this.

I clear my throat. "If you want I can come back later..."

"Yeah now isn't a good time, we just got Bianca's urn and..." He pauses and looks behind him. "What are you doing?"

Without warning a shirt is flung over Greyson's shoulder and he is shoved outside. The door immediately slammed behind him, I caught a glimpse of what I'm assuming was Scarlett doing all of this.

Greyson stares at the door confused, then shakes his head. "I guess we can talk."

I watch him shove his long sleeved shirt over his head, and onto his torso. Then he seats himself on the steps of the front door, it was quiet and despite the cool tempature a nice day outside so I didn't mind talking here or wherever honestly.

There was an extended silence between us, I couldn't find the words to start. There was a mixture of emotions swirling through my head and all I wanted to do was just continue where we left off before we broke up. Not the marriage but the comfortability of being around each other.

"Listen, if you're here to finally end my suffering, you might as well just say it. I'd rather deal with everything all at once—"

Ignoring whatever Greyson was saying, I threw myself at him, something I should've done the moment I saw him at the hotel. For the first time in years I am holding Greyson and not fighting it because of some moral high ground I wanted to take.

So I kissed him, like I used too, but a lot better since I've had some practice throughout our time away from each other.

Greyson pushes me away. "I can't..."

"Greyson." My chest tightens.

He grins. "I can't believe it took you this fucking long."

"Fuck you." I smile and begin kissing him again, embracing him.

As soon as his tongue slipped into my mouth I stiffened and remembered that his mourning daughter is behind this door, sad over her mother. So as much as I wanted to continue I push him off and fix myself.

"We should probably relax until, you know?" I clear my throat.

Greyson sighs. "Yeah I got carried away, it's been months since I wasn't dealing with some shit, it just felt good to feel good."

"I'm sorry for your loss." I tell him, genuinely.

He pushes the stray hairs on his temple, back. "The one who is truly suffering through this is Scarlett, I feel so useless, no matter what I do there's nothing to take a pain like that away from her."

"I know, it took me a while before it felt normal to be happy again." I tell him.

Greyson agrees. "Shit, I'm still trying to feel that way."