The Wealthy Man and His Family

DURING THE WEEKEND I WAS AT #293 ON GENERAL FICTION, AND NOW I'M AT #234, THANKS GUYS!

Sage Slade 

MEN LIKE THAT ARE THE EXACT REASON I HATE THE WEALTHY

With a personality and vibe like that it's hard to figure out why anyone would be around him. How does a man like that have a wife? She must be twice the asshole he is, maybe a trophy wife, only for show.

Greyson took me out of the room for me to cool down. I gladly accepted the offer, not only for me but him. I've heard stories about Hamilton from Greyson and although I don't judge a book by a cover from the moment I laid eyes on him nothing nice came to my mind. Especially after seeing the expressions of his siblings, Greyson looked livid while Dawn looked like someone held a gun to her head to force her to smile. 

"No one is supposed to talk to a Blackstone that way." Greyson starts and I narrow my eyes at him. He is not about to lecture me about standing my ground against someone who can be a bigger asshole than him, right? "But I admit I'm rather amused, in fact act as you please around him, don't let a man think lowly of you."

Greyson's words hit a warm place in my heart. The fact that he feels more relieved than angry that I spoke to his brother like that only comforts me. I have to change my entire life but he doesn't want me as a person to change with it. I'm sure I'll have to learn to suck up my feelings and be around people I don't like and act polite but it's nice to know that if I marry Greyson it won't seem to be much of an issue to be myself.

"Man I wish I could talk to Hamilton that way without father blowing a fuse about sibling bonds." Dawn scoffs. "You go girl." She cuddles into her husband's arms.

I smile.

"I cannot believe I'm forced to be around him for a whole meal." Greyson says. This was true, his father seems hard to deal with as it is but Hamilton? I can't act this way towards him if his father is watching it'll make Greyson look poorly and I can't do that to him. His tight leash seems to be loosening (at least from what I hear when he converses on the phone). 

Apparently Mr. Blackstone is allowing Greyson to remove himself as President from Blackstone University to working with the hotels. Dawn will take full control of the campus while Greyson will serve as CEO to the Blackstone towers in New York. It's not set in stone yet but Greyson is almost there.

I may not have spoken to him in weeks but I listen to his conversations. Not on purpose but I can't help it, hearing him speak puts me at ease. Unfortunately, after the photoshoot I feel uncomfortable with this feeling bubbling inside of me everytime we talk. 

Niles opens the door and announces. "Time for dinner."

We all follow him to the dining hall.

I had to give it to them, the Blackstone family was wealthy beyond comparison. Everything was covered and molded with pure gold. Their decor was not only luxurious but gorgeous. The majority of furniture was antique and looked like it costed more than college tuition at Harvard without scholarships. 

This place was certainly not for a girl who's most expensive thing at her house is probably her flat screen TV.

Everyone sat in what seemed like assigned seats, Dawn and her husband sat across us, I was grateful to have comforting faces in front of me. But that meant that Hamilton will sit next to them, or us. The edge of the table was obviously Mr. Blackstone's seat. As we sat down and waited for the head of the family to join us, Hamilton finally walked in. Unhappily of course.