The Sobbing Girl and The Gun Shot

Greyson

~*25 Minutes Before*~

THERE'S NOTHING MORE I HATE THAN BEING TOLD WHAT I CAN AND CAN'T DO

"Sir, we need you to calm down, and remain still." An Officer says to me, for the TENTH time.

"Fuck that." I growl. "My fiance is in there with that fucker!"

"We can arrest you right now for defying the police, sir." The Officer explains.

I grab him by the collar. "Better fucking arrest me cause that's the only way you're stopping me!"

"Greyson!" I feel a hard hand grab my shoulder. "Let him go."

Immediately I drop the officer and turn around to see Detective Martinez. He wears a scowl, but a hint of concern in his gaze as he looks at me.

"My fiance's in there." I tell him.

"Yes, we know, but we can't go in there now. We'd place her in more danger than safety." He explains to me as calm as he can. "This Oliver Banks fellow has a few guys in there, two are with her, and there's two roaming the halls with guns. We have several officers down, it's to dangerous Greyson, you'll get yourself killed."

I slam my fist into the wall. "Fuck! Fuck!" Then rub my face. "Why'd I let her go out, I should have never let her go."

"This isn't your fault," He assures me. "this is a senior prom. You couldn't have known this would happen."

Suddenly cutting through our conversation is the sound of a familiar and venomous voice. One that I remember to well from the last conversation we had on the phone.

"Have you met our demand yet, officers? Tick, tick, times almost over." Oliver Banks says from a megaphone behind the doors of the school.

All officers position themselves behind their cars and prepare there guns to fire. But with no target that keep themselves still and wait for their 'OK' to go.

"What are their demands?" I ask.

Martinez looks at me and sighs.

"Me." I slice my eyes to my Fathers.

"Father?" I breathe, staring at him walking towards me.

There are an entourage of men surrounding him, more than the usual body guard count he usually has. Though I can't for the life of me figure out what this whole mess has to do with him, what could I guy hold Sage for, what purpose would it serve if it wasn't me the assholes were after?

"You've made it." Martinez says. "No Emerson?"

"He's in London right now." Father says, straightening himself.

My brows furrow. "What the fuck is going on?"

"None of your concern, Greyson." Father says, coldly.

"None of my business? None of MY business? My fucking fiance's in there! This is all my business." I clench my fists.

He closes his eyes and exhales, then opens them. "I have a past I'm not proud of son, I did what I had to do to be successful and provide a lifestyle that your mother and I deserved. However, to achieve that enemies had to be made—a lot of them. This isn't the first encounter with people like this, who are after me and Emerson for our choices. Your Mother knows all to well."

"Mother?" I stare at him intensely.

Father looks down at me, and for the first time I saw what appeared to be an emotion. One that wasn't anger or disappointment. A mixture of feelings mainly sadness and remorse, at least that's what I recognized.