Venus

Greyson

"Dad we overslept!"

Huh?

"Dad wake up! We overslept!"

Scarlett?

My eyes snap open and I watch as Scarlett shoves me repeatedly, concern written all over her face. I glanced over at the clock and see the time, immediately I fly off of the couch. A quick nap with Scarlett might've turned into a possible disaster. 

"Scarlett." I place both hands on her shoulders.

She stares back into my eyes. "Yes, daddy?"

"Hudson might pour acid into my eyeballs." I tell her, genuinely frightened.

She nods. "We better hurry up."

Quickly, Scarlett and I grab our things before rushing out of the house. Once I locked the front door, I unlocked the car doors and hastily we both get inside. After buckling in and settling into our seats, I reverse out of the driveway and as fast as I could with a child in the car I started heading towards the destination.

Everyone took so long that Scarlett and I snuck off home to pick up some stuff, we both made a decision to take a nap since we woke up pretty early. Good news is we're wide awake, bad news is that the cost of a little extra rest will result in us receiving a lecture from Hudson that will probably destroy our eardrums.

Hopefully we can make it back within decent time, Scarlett and I were finished with our side of things so all we need is a little touch up. Luckily we live close by the destination, otherwise we wouldn't have even dared to get some quick shut eye. 

Scarlett stares out the window, her legs flinging up and down anxiously. She must feel bad for suggesting that nap.

"Relax, baby, we're still ahead of schedule." I inform her, truthfully. "We overslept by like half an hour."

She looks up at the rear-view mirror to meet my gaze. "I just don't want anything to happen like last time."

"Trust me, Scarlett, it won't." I assure her but the reminder made me instantly apprehensive.

After we reach our destination, the two of us ran inside of the building and headed towards our selected areas. I glance at the main room and saw everyone seated in their respected areas, chatting amongst themselves. There must've been hundreds of people there, of course only a fraction I knew.

As soon as I enter the room, a second didn't even pass before I was smacked behind the head. "Are you mad!?"

"Ouch." I frown, rubbing the back of my scalp.

Father emerges from the doorway and shakes his head. "Tardy at a time like this son? Have you no shame?"

"You're killing me!" Hudson yells. "I've planned every fucking moment and you decide to take a nap during the peak of this day? Where most of the shit finalizes and we start our departure. I mean look at you, there's practically dried up drool on your face."

I scoff. "No there is not."

"There isn't but there might as well be." He crosses his arms.

Hamilton laughs out loud, raising a glass of bourbon towards me. "Only you would be late on a day like this little brother."