Rescue

AUTHORS♥NOTE

WARNING, THIS IS GOING TO BE A DARKER CHAPTER THAN THE REST, THERE'S GOING TO BE AN UNPLEASANT SCENE OR TWO AND IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE ANYTHING GRAPHIC OR HEART-WRENCHING THEN PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS CHAPTER, AND READ THE NEXT ONE. YOU DO NOT NEED TO READ THIS TO PROCEED WITH THE STORY.

Sage

I CAN'T BREATHE

There's so much blood.

"Sage!" Dorian yells frantically. "Come on!"

"No!" I cry out. "I can't leave him!"

"Sage, he's going to get us, we have to go!" Dorian says. "He's going to find us in here."

"But he's dying!" I begin heaving. "I have...I have to help him."

I look at Dorian. "Give me your shirt!"

"Sage we have to go-"

"I need to stop the bleeding!" I croak.

Dorian knows that defying me would only prolong out stay here and unbuttons his shirt, the blood leaked through his button down to his t-shirt underneath. He hands me the shirt and I place it on the wounds of the officer.

"You...you have to go..." The officer whispers.

"We can't leave you here!" I rub my nose with my arm. "You'll die!"

"You...You'll...get found..." He breathes. "...I'm not going to make...make it..." He coughs. "...go...your safety..." He cringes and I press onto his wound and groans. "...your safety is more...important..."

"You heard the man." Dorian says. "Let's go!"

"No!" I protest then look at the officer. "You're going to make it, I promise you!"

"Young lady...it's okay..." He smiles weakly. "Please...tell my kids...Jackson and Samantha...and my wife Lisa...that I love them..."

Then his body goes limp and horror begins to bubble of inside of me. I just watched a man who was brutally stabbed die.

"Officer!" I smack his face. "Don't die!" I cry. "Please don't die!"

"This is getting fucking ridiculous," Dorian says. "we have no fucking time for this. Stop playing around Johnny."

Suddenly the officer begins laughing and his eyes open. "Sorry, D, I was having to much fun fucking around with her."

My eyes go wide.

"Well at least you kept her busy, the boss should be here any time soon."

What?

My breathing stops

Boss?

Kept me busy?

Dorian kneels down to me. "Sorry, Sage, he tends to go overboard with these kinds of things. He was a failed actor."

"What?" I breathe.

"Shut the fuck up, D, stop acting like your perfect when you couldn't even please daddy and be a successful architect." The officer-Johnny says. "That's why you're in the same boat as me and helping the boss get his targets."

I begin shaking, fear seeping into my blood, the realization that whatever is happening out there Dorian and this officer must be a part of it. Immediately I get up and storm off only to be pulled back and slammed onto the ground.

Dorian sighs as he pins me down onto my stomach. "Come on, don't run, we're not going to hurt you Sage."

"Let go of me!" I yell, struggling to get him off me.